Hello from Louisiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MedicMutt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New here, and to diving period. Wrapping up my certification at the moment.

I hope to dive with as much of my father's gear as possible. He has always spoken of how awe inspiring his trips were, and of the fishing he sometimes participated in. Now, 2 years after most of my friends have already been diving, I'm finally biting the bullet and going for it!

I was originally brought here whilst searching for information on dad's Scubapro Mk V and R108 setup (Model #s I now know because of this forum!), and Ikelite 6 volt lamp.

I am so happy to find a forum so dedicated to the diving world, and am looking forward to (hopefully) contributing in whatever way I can!

Welcome to ScubaBoard, Cher.

Welcome to scuba and SB!
Dive safe.

Welcome to SB, diving, and the world of vintage gear!

Welcome! If you’re around New Orleans, you can make a day trip or overnighter to Orange Beach or Pensacola. Several good operators and shops, though Sally may have interrupted the fall season? Don’t know, but they’ll be back for Spring.

Welcome! If you’re around New Orleans, you can make a day trip or overnighter to Orange Beach or Pensacola. Several good operators and shops, though Sally may have interrupted the fall season? Don’t know, but they’ll be back for Spring.

Awesome! I've heard really good things about Pensacola's diving!

My dad, brother and I proved a day trip would be easy when we made a one day cannonball run to Pensacola Bay Brewery and back. Wound up purchasing a growler of amber for each of my groomsmen and ushers.

a one day cannonball run to Pensacola Bay Brewery and back.

I haven't visited Pensacola Bay Brewery so I cannot speak to the quality vs drive distance. But I think a day trip to Abita and back with lunch at the brew pub might prove to be easier if you live in the GNO area.

I lived in the Mandeville area at the time. Abita definitely would have been easier, but we did that trip basically on a whim. It was a riot! Good memories. PBB is a great place.

Back
Top Bottom