Hello from Louisiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleHoseDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just found this site and decided to join in the fun. I Learned how to scuba dive in 1975...same year that Jaws came out. I've been diving off and on since then. I have dove Pensacola, Destin, The Florida Keys, St. Thomas and Grand Cayman. I have also done a lot of spearfishing off the La coast on the oil rigs.My last open water dive was in 1995. I plan to start back around the shores at Pensacola and Orange Beach in August. I also want to try out the springs. Just bought a Mistral Regulator and have been playing in my pool with it. I also have a couple single hose setups as well. Anyway I am glad to be getting back into diving! Tim

Welcome to ScubaBoard. I live in Louisiana off I-12 just east of you in Livingston Parish. I get to Florida regularly diving in the springs. Since you have not been diving in so long, I would definitely recommend taking it slow and doing some tune up dives with your new gear, and possibly taking a refresher course or two so you are caught up in the latest techniques. Let me know if I can help you out.

See in the water and Dive Safe!

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Thanks. I am currently "diving" in my pool to get acquainted with my Mistral. I did take a refresher when my wife learned in 1988. I guess I might need to move up the certification list! Tim

Ohh I waited 2 years after Jaws! That head that floated out of the boat and when Jaws came out of the water in the rear of the boat ... when the saying, "I think we need a bigger boat boat" was coined. Well the movie theatre wanted me to pay to have the roll of seats refasten that I losened up for being startled and pushing backwards ... lol, lol :)

Welcome to SB! I recently became certified and just joined the SB family myself!
Look forward to seeing you below sea level!:thumb:

Welcome aboard.

I am really looking forward to blowing bubbles again. Would someone PM me with the particulars of diving the Whiskey Wreck in Orange Beach? I would like to dive site that in August. Funny thing, I can't remember doing ANY shore dives! Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom