Hello from Los Angeles!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itsjosh

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there!
I'm Josh and I'm an LA based diver.
I certified (PADI OW/AOW/Enriched Air) in 2001 in Australia and fell in love.
I spent around 2 years way back then almost exclusively Diving.
I logged around 200 Dives in those 2 years.
And then... Life Interfered.
I always wanted to return to diving and did a couple of Dives in Key West in 2018.
Luckily, with the move to LA, I have Catalina Island close and the time to return to Diving is now.
I just got home from doing PADI Reactivate with In2Deep Diving. I like this shop.
My Buoyancy control is a bit rough, but it will return. I've gotta get breath control back.
I work for a gigantic tech company that does a significant annual reimbursement of "Fitness Equipment" and discovered that they consider Dive Equipment as Fitness Equipment. So I've nearly fully built out the Kit and plan to get back into it properly and then work toward Divemaster and Rescue Diver.

Doing my first Catalina Island dive on the 24th of this month and am excited.
Happy to Join up here to research, hang out, etc.

-Josh

And then... Life Interfered.
It does that. We get that story a lot here. Welcome to ScubaBoard.

The one time I visited L.A. was at the airport going to and coming from (twice?) Santa Barbara to catch a Channel Islands liveaboard years ago. It was the one airport I've been in where it seemed like people ought to be able to catch a cab inside the airport to get to their gate!

Please write us a trip report for your dive trip if it works out later this month.

There is a lot of diving in L.A. that does not involve going to Catalina. Check out some of the spots from the Ventura County line down to Palos Verdes and San Pedro.

There is a lot of diving in L.A. that does not involve going to Catalina. Check out some of the spots from the Ventura County line down to Palos Verdes and San Pedro.
Yeah, the instructor today was giving me a rundown on his favorite spots that don't involve a $75 ferry ride.

It does that. We get that story a lot here. Welcome to ScubaBoard.

The one time I visited L.A. was at the airport going to and coming from (twice?) Santa Barbara to catch a Channel Islands liveaboard years ago. It was the one airport I've been in where it seemed like people ought to be able to catch a cab inside the airport to get to their gate!

Please write us a trip report for your dive trip if it works out later this month.
Will do. The trip report will probably be something to the effect of "Bounced across the bottom and used 4x the air I should have" but I look forward to the process of getting back to skill.

Yeah, the instructor today was giving me a rundown on his favorite spots that don't involve a $75 ferry ride.
It's now $83.50

Back
Top Bottom