Hello from Koh Tao, Thailand

Have you ever been diving in South East Asia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all, just leaving a word or two about where i live and work, for anybody interested in coming to this part of the world.

Koh Tao is the diving mecca of Thailand, situated in the gulf of Thailand, a beautiful tropical island with coral reefs surrounding it.
This is where i learnt to dive and now work as a diving instructor.
It's an ideal place to learn and carry on your learning, if anyone has any questions referring to diving on Koh Tao or Thailand in general, please feel free to ask.

Hope to hear from any of you soon.
DD

Hello all, just leaving a word or two about where i live and work, for anybody interested in coming to this part of the world.

Koh Tao is the diving mecca of Thailand, situated in the gulf of Thailand, a beautiful tropical island with coral reefs surrounding it.
This is where i learnt to dive and now work as a diving instructor.
It's an ideal place to learn and carry on your learning, if anyone has any questions referring to diving on Koh Tao or Thailand in general, please feel free to ask.

Hope to hear from any of you soon.
DD

Your POLL makes no sense but I'll be in Koh Tao next week. Chopper bar still there?

Hey Guys,
We are looking to come to Ko Tao Oct 9-17 and was curious about the monsoon season and the viz. We are fairly experienced divers and would be giving up Sipidan (which I dove 2 years ago and loved) to come here. We have heard a lot about Ko Tao and though Sipidan was fantastic, sometimes somewhere new can be fun as well.
More worried about the time of year than anything and I cannot change the date of my vacation from work. So, is viz ok during that time or should I really look elsewhere?
Oh, and is there a dive resort you may recommend? 3 star is fancy enough for us. PADI is a must. English speaking DM's also a must (had a bad experience on Phi Phi last year with that). Nothing with booming music 24 hours a day but not a "honeymoon" resort either.
Thanks a bunch
Susie

Susie,

October will be risky during October, the rainy season can be in full swing by then, like last year. It's difficult to predict when the rainy season will start but if you want almost 'guaranteed' good conditions I would suggest looking for other options than Koh Tao in October.

Having said this, last year October was extreme, the year before October was lovely, there is just no guarantee about the weather conditions.

Hope to hear from any of you soon.DD

I really like your poll; it's extremely easy to fill out and doesn't require any typing skills whatsoever.

Now my question: Are Trevor and/or Annie (or their offspring) still chasing and biting divers at Koh Tao?

:D

When looking at the poll's design, I wish I could find an emoticon for smoking too much weed. What a classic!

:shelli: :sleeping: :snorkels:

Hello Dave,

I'll take you to Choppers where I watched England destroy the Aussies at rugby TWICE in 4 years, both times with the very Aussie boss, have to wai tanother 4 years to do it again,

Jamie

PS I think Trevor's long gone, but Tyson st Twins learnt everything he knows from the master

Would like to dive Ko Tao in August. What's the best way to get there from Chiang Mai?

Hi DD...nice first post - very insightful :D

Diving Mecca....hmmmm. OW to Instructor on Tao tends to give people that idea sometimes. :blinking: Where are you working at the moment mate - I'm on Tao myself. Probably stood next to you in Lotus Bar on a dozen occasions already! lol

Teacherfish....you can get a joint ticket deal from CM to Tao pretty easy from any agency. Otherwise, you need transport (train or minibus) from CM to Bangkok and then to Chumphon. From Chumpon, head to the Farang Bar and sort yourself a ferry ticket to Tao. Easy Peasy. Thousands do it every week.

Bowmouth....Trevor became BBQ from what I heard, but there is still no lack of friendly triggers at Twins and many other sites - none with the charisma of Trevor though :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom