Hello from Kentucky!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
You will like it here...
And since you didn't marry a millionaire...
Did you at least marry a diver??

Yeah, married a diver. We both got certified at the same time. We just like different kinds of dives. He wants to get into wreck diving & I like just hanging out with the fish & taking pics.

Cindy

P.S. Really enjoy reading your posts. Puts a smile on my face everytime!!!

Originally posted by ckharlan66
Glad to have you aboard. (Finally) Hope you enjoy the board as much as I do. There is alot of great information here and even more great people. See you at the quarry.

Chad

Chad,
Should have come diving with us at Martha's Quarry last weekend. Had a great time!! Took some pictures, but the camera decided to quit working on me, so I'll post em as soon as I can..

Cindy

Originally posted by ScubaSticks
Hi cindy, Welcome aboard.

I'm originally from Lexington, but it's been awhile since I've been back.

Go CATS!

Moved here from Atlanta... wanna trade places??

GO BRAVES!!!!

Cindy
:)

Hi there! I was certified in Lexington also while living there from 90-94. Moved to Lexington from north of Atlanta - Dalton. GO BRAVES !!!!!!!!!

Shortly after being certified we moved to Seattle area and I didn't do any diving for four years.....then we moved to Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth area) and I assumed that we would not be doing much diving. Amazingly, this area is saturated with dive shops and we are back into it again. My husband has been certified since 70 but since I've become a more active diver he's finally doing what he always wanted to do - Dive Master training and eventually Instructor. Needless to say, with that going on, we stay wet a lot!

Like you and your husband, my husband likes wreck diving and I like hangtime on the reefs....but he enjoys that too so we can do the various types of diving we both enjoy.

We've made a few attempts of uw photography in the past - just got a Motor Marine Pro-EX - so we're looking forward to using that soon. Wish us luck!!! What type of camera do you use?

Originally posted by TropiGal
Hi there! I was certified in Lexington also while living there from 90-94. Moved to Lexington from north of Atlanta - Dalton. GO BRAVES !!!!!!!!!

Do you ever get a chance to come back to KY? If so, let me know & we can go diving... Got a ReefMaster digital & an Ikelite Auto 35. Love my digital!!! It's great for an amateur like me to be able to immediately see results rather than spending money on pictures that didn't come out.. Unfortunately, my digital decided to quit on me after my first dive this past weekend, so gotta send it in for repairs.;-0 Guess I'll just have to use my Ikelite til I get it back!!

:)
Cindy

CTurtle,

I am glad you had a good time but I was diving Lauderdale. I wouldn't trade you but I will try to make it next time.

Chad

Welcome from Michigan. KY is a regular stopover in our annual winter pilgrimage south. Would love to here about the local diving so as not to be stuck in a hotel room. Would rather rinse my gear using it rather than with a hose.:)

u. p.,

We have several quarries. One near louisville and a couple near the border to IN on the IN side. We also have some in the Western part of the state. Let us know next time you are coming through and we will try to hook up and dive some. The water isn't real warm but hey it lets us get wet.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom