Hello from Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mariella

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone, I'm from Italy and I go diving for 2 years, I'm buying the equipment, i should even buy the fins and I want to ask suggestions, whare i could open the topic?

Welcome on board !

To ask or post anything about equipment, I think here's the best place Diving into New Gear.

May I ask where do you dive in Italy ?

Ciao !

Benvenuta to ScubaBoard

Italy to me means Mares, who make some of the best dive equipment, and their fins have a great reputation and following. I'm sure your Local Dive Shop (LDS) can assist.

Just dont leave plastic Mares fins out in the summer sun, mine looked like spaghetti after an hour in the sun. I never bought another set of Power Planas.

Michael

Just dont leave plastic Mares fins out in the summer sun, mine looked like spaghetti after an hour in the sun. I never bought another set of Power Planas.

Michael
This is strange, when go snorkeling I leave the fins under the beach umbrella the shade changes and the fins remain in the sun and they have never been damaged. My find are Cressi though

This is strange, when go snorkeling I leave the fins under the beach umbrella the shade changes and the fins remain in the sun and they have never been damaged. My find are Cressi though
Here in Italy there are many factories of good diving equipment: Scubapro, Cressi, Mares, Salvas, etc.
The best one was probably Technisub, which was founded and co-owned by L. Ferraro and J. Cousteau. But it is now part of Aqualung.
Regarding fins, apart the brand, you must find the proper geometry, optimal for your legs. There are three parameters: length, stiffness and the angle between the blade and the sole.
A good finned swimming instructor can guide you on the choice of optimal fins during some hours of training.
The optimal fins are different for each human.... Exactly as the optimal shoes or the optimal bycicle.
And of course it also depends on the environment, exactly as for shoes or bycicles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom