Hello from Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azotomix

Contributor
Reaction score
Ciao a tutti!!!

First of all I would like to apologise for any mistake I will do while writing as English is not my first language.

I just came back from a very nice cruise in the red see (Brother’s, Daedalus and Elphinstone for who know the region). We saw beside the typical reef life some very nice hammer shark, dolphins, mantas, longimanus shark,… (here attached some pictures)
I came back with a big envy to buy a new digital camera and of course the housing. The guides had one and took pretty much nice pictures.

I have already a Nikon coolpix 880 but would like to improve and have a more modern camera.
I do not know if buying again a Nikon (Coolpix E-5400) or the Fujifilm F710. I am not a professional of pictures underwater. I just want to have something nice to make good dive’s souvenirs.

Is there anybody who is currently using one of the two cameras and can tell me their comments???

If I would like to buy them in the web is there anybody who can give some good and trusty addresses??

Thank you for your help and looking forward to chat

Ciao

Welcome aboard...enjoy your stay!

Don't have any experience with those cameras you mention, but am sure someone on the board will be able to assist...

Welcome to the board!
I use a coolpix 995 and love it. Hard to go wrong with a Nikon.

Joe

The Nikon 5400 is a very good camera. It has a wide angle lens which is good. The Sea and Sea housing looks good but is pretty pricy - has good and easy addon accessories.

Speak to Yuzo at http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/ about this.

Don't limit yourself to these two camera's if possible. A much cheaper alternative are avaliable. Check out the Olympus and Canon range. The Oly5050 is very popular and a cheaper alternative to the Nikon cp5400 the oly is also a better camera in my opinion.

Really would be easier to make suggestions if you have a price range in mind and whether you want to add strobes, lenses etc.

Hello luke,
thank you for your help.
I knew already the web you mentioned. Is a good one and the hausing for the CP5400 is 1/2 price of what we pay here in Italy.
Today I am leaving for business trip and no have time for check other camera. I will see what you are suggesting. Oly 5050 or the 5060. I do want to have something small under water.
For the beginning I would like to try to work without strobe to reduce the investment. Then I will see. Budget ± Euro 1.000 (± US 1.200). But remember here in Europe most of the equipment are much more expensive than US. In Australia I do not know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom