Hello from Hurghada, Red Sea, Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious: what can you find down there?
It seems like a touch and go. is it just to get deep, or can you spot something down there, or is there maybe a wall you find interesting things on your ascent?

We are the ONLY certified daily technical diving boat in the Red Sea. Ahmed Gabr the deepest dive record (335 meters = 1000 feet) holder dives ONLY with us.
There are plenty of technical diving boats in Egypt OR boats that can easily accommodate technical divers (gas mixes, technical instructors and guides). Not sure how many daily boats, but plenty of liveaboards - MV Legends is an example. There are plenty of boat owners who are open to technical diving groups. Helium is readily available, as well as boosters.

Regarding Gabr, I'd suggest you find a better way to differentiate in terms of added value. His record has been under scrutiny plenty of times and people who have dived with him have some strong opinions regarding his actual level of competency. Moreover, he is known for not making deeper dives open to his crew - so not very inclusive.

What do you mean by "American" standards? Most Egyptian guides and instructors I have met are highly proficient at their jobs and Egyptian hospitality (and food) is famous worldwide - boat crews included. Regarding safety orientation, this largely depends on the Cruise / Boat Director/Manager and their approach to safety.

Thank you for your detailed answer.
You have a Facebook page.
I see familiar faces there.
Who do you know here :)
Yes our page on Facebook you can find by searching
Hurghada Splash Boat

Congrats on having He onboard and the ability to fill Trimix - that’s a significant capability.

I see the photos of the 85m and 100m profiles. Is that the main type of technical diving you promote?

We offer recreational and technical dives down to 200 meters.
Many thanks for your words of support. 🙏🙏🙏

It seems like a touch and go. is it just to get deep, or can you spot something down there, or is there maybe a wall you find interesting things on your ascent?
There are so many deeper and amazing dive spots in the Red Sea: Shaabruhr Umm Gamar (Gulf Fleet 102m + Colona 60ish), Thomas Canyons, Blue Hole, Poseidon's Cave, Aida and Numidia wrecks at Brother Islands, Maidan wreck, wall dives at Elphinstone and Daedalus (so much life both shallow and deep). Abu Nuhas offers 4 wrecks on one side of the reef, you can do all in one longer dive with a scooter in doubles or on a CCR, max depth is 30ish.

We offer recreational and technical dives down to 200 meters.
Many thanks for your words of support. 🙏🙏🙏

I love the Red Sea and I really enjoy technical diving but I’m definitely not a good fit for the Splash type of technical dives that you’ve showcased here.

There are plenty of technical diving boats in Egypt OR boats that can easily accommodate technical divers (gas mixes, technical instructors and guides). Not sure how many daily boats, but plenty of liveaboards - MV Legends is an example. There are plenty of boat owners who are open to technical diving groups. Helium is readily available, as well as boosters.

Regarding Gabr, I'd suggest you find a better way to differentiate in terms of added value. His record has been under scrutiny plenty of times and people who have dived with him have some strong opinions regarding his actual level of competency. Moreover, he is known for not making deeper dives open to his crew - so not very inclusive.

What do you mean by "American" standards? Most Egyptian guides and instructors I have met are highly proficient at their jobs and Egyptian hospitality (and food) is famous worldwide - boat crews included. Regarding safety orientation, this largely depends on the Cruise / Boat Director/Manager and their approach to safety.

In regards to technical diving, the diving center of which the boat is working under its umbrella MUST be technical certified.
As a boat owner, I can say with confidence it is only one diving center who has such certification in Hurghada.

As for Splash standards, as you just stated, it all boils down to the management. Which is not always optimal in Egypt. These are not my words, these are all guests testimonies.

Liveaboard are all equiped for such missions. I am talking about Splash as a unique daily boat. even our guest will not swap tanks between dives, because we refill with fresh air between dives. That is a liveaboard in a daily shell.

As for Egyptian workforce, they are all cool, and they have excellent knowledge indeed. However, under relaxed management, many things could go wrong.
We all can drive. But shall we drive without a license?
I have witnessed a "yes" for this question in Egypt in many occasions. so, I will say let's just leave it here.

As for Gabr, everyone reads your comments can say confidently that you have some personal issues with the man. Or maybe with Splash itself.... One of many of those maybe we have smoked them to dust by raising the bar of service, safety and overall quality so damn high. I really dont know!
But at the end of the day, I am Emad Badawi stating my mind here out in public. The question is "who are you the man behind Troponica?!!!"

Lastly, food standards.
Here we need a full stop ... no daily boat, I mean NONE will serve same menu like on Splash.
And that is again not only what I know for sure, but also ALL guests comments have proven day in and day out.
I love the Red Sea and I really enjoy technical diving but I’m definitely not a good fit for the Splash type of technical dives that you’ve showcased here.
There are no difference between diving at 100, 200 or 45 meters
Just more tanks, more gasses variation .

We do for example technical dive on Salem Express wreck. Which depth starts at 10 meters dow to 33 meters only. However, with technical considerations, we could stay inside the wreck for a full hour before we get out. Full penetration

Same marine life almost. Much less colorful. Generally speaking, we search for Wrecks mainly when we go that deep.

Generally speaking, we search for Wrecks mainly when we go that deep.

I see 84m with a total RT of 45min and 100m for a total RT of 65min.

I wouldn’t put any hope in that search method.

Back
Top Bottom