Hello from Houston - Key Largo diving tips needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duy Nguyen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I am planning to make a trip to Key Largo this end of this month. I have 3 days of strictly diving and I am wondering if anyone here can give me some suggestions (dive sites, dive shop, etc.) for my 3 days of diving. I plan to do at least 6-8 dives during 3 days.

Thanks all

If you are aged 30 or under - Rainbow Reef.
If you are aged 40 or more - Ocean Divers.
RR for the young chicks. Definitely :wink:

Better yet alternate between the two for variety - they are right across the canal from each other.

Any dive site that you guys recommend? I plan to go with rainbow reef as that have a prett good package. Should I go to key west for more diving or do you think key largo is as nice? Thank you for the comments.

Better yet alternate between the two for variety - they are right across the canal from each other.

This is a really good suggestion, in my experience.

First trip, there is plenty to do in KL, no need to go to KW. Except for the night life.

Do you know if we can customize the trips in Key Largo? i.e Doing some wreck dives or Reef Dive at a certain day or it is up to the dive center and the captains. I think I am going to try out the rainbow reef because their Nitrox class is way cheaper than Ocean Divers. Any thoughts on organizing diving spots?

Thanks all

Do you know if we can customize the trips in Key Largo? i.e Doing some wreck dives or Reef Dive at a certain day or it is up to the dive center and the captains. I think I am going to try out the rainbow reef because their Nitrox class is way cheaper than Ocean Divers. Any thoughts on organizing diving spots?

Thanks all
They mostly have their set schedules. Ocean Divers has a triple-wreck dive (I believe on Saturdays). Usually at least one boat will go to the reefs and another boat to a wreck.

Thanks all
They have multiple boats going to different sites. Look at the schedule and choose your boat.

They mostly have their set schedules. Ocean Divers has a triple-wreck dive (I believe on Saturdays). Usually at least one boat will go to the reefs and another boat to a wreck.

They have multiple boats going to different sites. Look at the schedule and choose your boat.

Thank you. Do you know how they run the group? i.e lets say 8 people get into the water, if any member of the group is out of air before everybody else they the group all need to surface? We have a group of 3 members, not sure if we can dive together as a small group.

Should I go to key west for more diving
For diving into bars, maybe! :D :D :D Their single draw is the Vandenberg. Reefs are prettier up in Key Largo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom