Hello From Hollywood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VinceDS

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. To those of you who pointed me in the direction of this forum, thanks!

I relocated back to Hollywood, FL about 2 years ago (from Chicago) and have gotten back into diving.

I am PADI AOW, Night Diver, and Nitrox and have over 200 logged dives over the past 15 years. Lately, I am averaging 2 two-tank boat dives and 1 night dive per month and am looking for a steady group to dive with / learn with. I mostly dive off of the American Dream II out of the Hyatt Marina in Fort Lauderdale. As can sometimes be expected, playing pick-up (as a single) on the local boats can be a bit trying at times - especially when you get paired up with a buddy who is in-attentive to say the least --- this has me carrying a pony-bottle on most deep dives (LOL).

Anyway, if anyone in the Hollywood (S. Florida) area needs a buddy, drop me a line.

Just keep checking the board. Do you dive during the week?????

PM me, maybe we can hook up for some good beach dives.

Joe

VinceDS:
Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. ...SNIP... if anyone in the Hollywood (S. Florida) area needs a buddy, drop me a line.
Welcome! We do a lot of shore diving in Hollywood right there off of Johnson. Have you done the "road" there yet (if so you'll know what I mean)?

Your post was the best way to find regular dive buddies, but also click on "private trips" and join in the fun there. You'll meet the gang that way and because we dive so often we don't ususally follow a schedule or "pair up" much. We do a lot of shore dives but a few boat dives as well.

You'll see how to get a dive going yourself by posting under "private." The most successful way to attract a crowd is to place the date, time and place in the header. That way folks who don't have much time will be able to pick out dives they can make easily. If you don't know the place, just the date and time (or date) is fine... make it easy on the reader.

One more thing - if it seems kinda slow right now there are two possible reasons. First, "single divers" is having a big blowout this weekend (I don't know the url for their site - anybody know?) and you can join in (it's single as in divers without buddies, not divers without dates lol). Second, the water has been churned up a bit lately and we're all used to the great visibility we had all spring so we're yawning at the current conditions. Give us time, tho - we like to keep our gills wet!

Welcome to Florida and to Scubaboard. I live in your neck of the woods also, as do some other members. Like Mike said, we do a lot of beach diving here. A dive is planned for tomorrow afternoon at Lauderdale By The Sea/Hibiscus St. Also, I beleive there will be diving there on Friday night, and Sunday morning.
Look forward to meeting another "neighbor."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom