Hello from Holland.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackdog017

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I grew up in the 60s, so as a child I wanted to be an astronaut and a diver ! Eventually, a bit over 10 years ago, I managed to fulfil one of those childhood goals... and I'm hooked.

Got the PADI OW and AOW certifications in one go, then expanded to EAN and recently the SSI XR Advanced Nitrox.

Mostly diving on liveaboards lately, a bit stopped now with the pandemic, but otherwise trying to take a diving holiday twice per year.

My buddy is my wife. She's a long time diver (since the mid 80s), so she learned the hard way and is lot more old school. I find that very reassuring and useful as I am a "diving is fun" generation diver.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more things and enjoying our addiction together with this community.

Cheers.

Welcome to Scubaboard! We're so glad to have you join us and look forward to reading more of your participation here.

Welcome from the US Great Lakes. No local diving?

Welcome. I've never been to Holland. Glad you've been making the live-aboard trips. Hopefully things will keep opening back up and vaccination rates will climb.

Richard.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! You are so fortunate that your wife dives! Have fun and tell us all about it!

What part of Holland? My wife is from Driebergen with family in Veenedaal and Arnhem.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! You are so fortunate that your wife dives! Have fun and tell us all about it!
Thanks ! Indeed it's a great thing to be able to share the passion with my wife. The fact that she had such a different training also teaches me a lot. Modern day training can be very basic sometimes.

What part of Holland? My wife is from Driebergen with family in Veenedaal and Arnhem.
I'm in the Leiden area, so not really close to Veenendaal, but I know the area. They used to have (in the BC years: Before Covid) a nice vintage guitars show twice a year... I'm also a guitar player/enthusiast.

Welkom!
Enjoy your stay here, amazing board.
Also, be sure to drop by in the regional forums. There is a lively thread with all Dutchies in the Benelux regional board!
Thanks, I'll have a look. Anyway, I'm not local. Living here for a number of years already, but I'm an expat.

Welcome from the US Great Lakes. No local diving?
There seems to be some local diving in some lakes and the North Sea, but I'm not attracted to cold waters at all.... More than 5mil wetsuit is not really my thing...

Welcome. I've never been to Holland. Glad you've been making the live-aboard trips. Hopefully things will keep opening back up and vaccination rates will climb.

Richard.
Yes, we all hope we're finally getting out of this mess. The vaccines really seem to be working, so the light at the end of the tunnel maybe getting closer.

I'm in the Leiden area, so not really close to Veenendaal, but I know the area. They used to have (in the BC years: Before Covid) a nice vintage guitars show twice a year... I'm also a guitar player/enthusiast.

I've grown up near Veenendaal, and been to that vintage guitar show! Had a vintage guitar examined there, fun to go to!

Back
Top Bottom