Hello! From Ghosty in Denver, CO.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghosty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
"Long time listener, first time caller", lol...

Hey there everyone! I am an Engineer by career, but major in Biology, still in progress. I volunteer every Saturday at the Denver Aquarium, which is an amazing experience.

Just a brief history, got my PADI OW in Lake McConaughy, back at the end of July, 1997. It was cold, murky, and much to my disappointment didn't even see one fish. Did a couple boat dives in Hawaii soon after, it was wonderful of course. Just recently did three boat dives in Key Largo, it was as beautiful as Maui! Super excited to return to Florida this Spring, and have an upcoming "big trip" to Ecuador and the Galapagos this Summer. Childhood dreams coming to fruition!

Right now I only have my mask/fins/snorkel/light/GoPro/knife, but have been VERY actively researching every piece of important equipment, including BC, Regs, & Computer for many months. My favorite local dive shop with THE friendliest folks, is One World Dive & Travel in Englewood, CO.

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....
Thank you! I am diving the Keys and Ft. Lauderdale areas in late March. Plan on moving to South Florida within a year, wheels are in motion, heh...

Welcome!

Hopefully you'll become an active participant! We can always use another voice in the conversation.

Ray

Is the anticipated Galapagos trip a dive trip, & if so by day boat or live-aboard? It's a destination spoken highly of, but the conditions are reportedly rough enough I'd be cautious about booking a trip (plus I'm too cheap).

Richard.

Hello & Welcome!
I'm pretty new here myself. Are you near to Denver? My eldest daughter recently got a job in CO, and we'll be located about 3 hours from Denver in a little place called Trinidad. Anyway, happy & safe diving!

D

Welcome!

Hopefully you'll become an active participant! We can always use another voice in the conversation.
Thanks, yes definitely going to be active.

Is the anticipated Galapagos trip a dive trip, & if so by day boat or live-aboard?
Most likely by boat trips, not live-aboard. I'll be seeing a few things in Ecuador/Rainforest, but the bulk of the trip will be a week on Galapagos. I'll be talking to the two women at the FirstWorld Dive & Travel Center in Englewood. Apparently they've both done a TON of Galapagos trips, both regular and live-aboard, and can give great advice on how I should plan my first trip.

Hello & Welcome!
I'm pretty new here myself. Are you near to Denver? My eldest daughter recently got a job in CO, and we'll be located about 3 hours from Denver in a little place called Trinidad. Anyway, happy & safe diving!
Thanks! Trinidad is on the very Southern border of Colorado, so it's quite a haul up to Denver. I've never been there.

Thanks! Trinidad is on the very Southern border of Colorado, so it's quite a haul up to Denver. I've never been there.
Trinidad is roughly the half way point between Boulder and Santa Rosa, which is what we consider "local diving" in Colorado. A 6-hour drive is routine for us. It used to be the best place in the nation for a sex change operation, but that doctor has moved away. In the late 19th century, its chief law enforcement officer for a spell was Bat Masterson, long time friend to the likes of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday.

Thanks for the information, John! I see you're an instructor, so once I've bought more gear maybe I could take a course or two with you? I do have an older bcd and regs, but I'm looking to replace them as I think they are probably damaged. So I'm in the process of buying new. Perhaps it's best to PM?

D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom