Hello from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rollback

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello from the Daytona beach area. Just got certified in ssi open water last week. Been browsing the forums for awhile but figured it was time to join up. Plan on doing a bunch of spring dives to get myself used to my new equipment before hitting the big blue ocean. any dive site recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! The only Florida Springs dive I've done was one at Alexander Springs, which my wife and a friend insist doesn't count, it's more like a snorkel, but I dispute that. It is need doing 'scuba-assisted snorkeling) around the vegetated perimeter - 3-striped mud turtles, Florida soft-shell, bowfin, gar, they even get alligators in there.

I hope you'll post some trip reports from your springs diving. Would be nice to see more.

Richard.

hello from the Daytona beach area. Just got certified in ssi open water last week. Been browsing the forums for awhile but figured it was time to join up. Plan on doing a bunch of spring dives to get myself used to my new equipment before hitting the big blue ocean. any dive site recommendations is greatly appreciated.
Lake Denton in Avon park is a OK place to get your feet wet.

Welcome and congrats!

Rainbow River near KP hole is a fun drift dive in a spring. Lots of boils and wildlife. You do need to pull a flag as there is boat traffic.
But it's super clear, and for the most part less than 12feet deep.

Back
Top Bottom