Hello from D.C.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

themujer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just signed up to this board -- mainly to see what's been said about diving in Panama. We're going in a month. And to find out about diving opportunities near Washington, D.C. -- in warmer months, that is.

Sorry no info on panama, but welcome to scubaboard. I'm about 40 miles south in Fredericksburg. Yes, I'm a fredneck. You may want to check virginia is for divers subgroup for diving opportunities when it warms up.

Millbrook quarry near Haymarket is open spring through fall. It is not great but it is wet. Lake Rawlings is about 3 hours south - a bit south of Richmond - but has much better visibility.

Ted Green runs a boat out of Ocean City MD and the Diver Down runs out of Rehobeth/Indian River DE. Boat are about 3 hours away.

There are boats out of Virgina Beach and several out of Moorhead City NC 5, hours away.

Just signed up to this board -- mainly to see what's been said about diving in Panama. We're going in a month...

Welcome to ScubaBoard!! Greetings from warm and sunny Brazil!!

I started a thread about diving in Panama, in the Central America's travel forum, since I'm planning to go next february. Didn't get many replies, but found out some interesting info that you may want to check out... if so, you can follow the link:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/central-america/262882-diving-panama.html

Happy holidays!!

Welcome!

I'd also toss in Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA. It's another quarry, but much nicer than Millbrook. Good vis, lots of sunken toys, and lots of space to camp / good facilities. Check it out.

James

From DC?

----

Dutch Springs is also about 3 hours away from DC - and pretty cold.

There is also mount Storm in WVA - abotu 3 hours away but warm and the viz is not so great.

If you have been reading carefully you will have figured out that DC is 3 hours from everywhere - except Millbrook.

welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom