Hello from Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are so many cheap flight to Florida from where u r and quick. Living in the northwest it’s a long day travel and twice the price but still worth every penny to dive warm blue water. I certified on a 29 degree day ocean temp was 37 and vis was about 7 feet. Makes me shiver just thinking about it. I still dive it every now and then but I love warm blue waters.

DRIS is a great shop but not in the NW suburbs. Crystal Lake is though. :wink:

lake michigan chicago has some great wrech dives with vizabilaty 40- 70' @ WINDY CITY DIVING with captain Jim he's a good guy and I go out with him 6-8 times year.

lake michigan chicago has some great wrech dives with vizabilaty 40- 70' @ WINDY CITY DIVING with captain Jim he's a good guy and I go out with him 6-8 times year.

Just say no.

Last edited:
same here was raining waves 1-3 and captain would not go to planed dive ended going to a no name wood wreck just outside harbor the vizabilaty or lake of vizabilaty 2' at best that was my 1st and last time going to Indiana to dive

Marie I don't know how you would know I was sorely mistaken unless you spent time at both shops which seems unlikely.
However that is not what I said.

DRIS is quite a ways farther south for someone in the "North West" burbs. Depending on how far north, DRIS is quite a haul from say Antioch or Crystal Lake. Your loyalty is admirable but doesn't make DRIS the best location for everyone.

I'm a certified diver living in Chicago, always looking to meet new divers. I also have a gopro hero5 and love taking pictures. I usually email the photos so they can show friends and families of their adventure :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom