Hello from Carriacou!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi everyone! My name is Alex. I have just completed signing up here on Scubaboard after being an avid reader for years. Things are very quiet here on our small island of Carriacou at the moment, due to travel restrictions, so it's so good to have an opportunity to talk to scuba divers from all over. I have been totally in love with the underwater world since I was around 10 years old. Since then I have realised my dream of becoming a dive instructor. I am a complete fish ID nerd and like to get involved in local marine conservation projects whenever I have the opportunity. I make lionfish jewellery to help our invasive lionfish containment project, and just recently I've got started with some creative writing about scuba & marine life-related subjects. I'm looking forward to engaging with some lovely scuba divers from all around the world! :)

Thank you for the lovely welcome! I will do a proper write-up about Carriacou sometime soon. We've been here for 10 years now and absolutely love the island. It's not glitzy and is somewhat off the beaten track (not a shopping mall in sight!), but it's safe, clean, and friendly, and the diving is lovely for this part of the Caribbean. Definitely worth a visit, especially if you can combine it with some wreck diving in Grenada as well. Grenada for the wrecks, Carriacou for the reefs. :)

Hi! I had a trip Booked to Carriacou and was soooo excited, until the airline that flys from the mainland To Carriacou canceled our flight. We ended up staying on Grenada. I still sooo want to go experience carriacou. Look forward to reading your posts!

Grenada we hear of occasionally; it's my understanding it's a beautiful, scenic island with good wreck diving (I've never been).

What does the 'dive scene' look like in Carriacou? Where do most tourist divers come from, I wonder? Is English widely spoken, or do tourists need another language? Any other tips you might offer a dive tourist considering Carriacou?

Hi everyone! My name is Alex. I have just completed signing up here on Scubaboard after being an avid reader for years. Things are very quiet here on our small island of Carriacou at the moment, due to travel restrictions, so it's so good to have an opportunity to talk to scuba divers from all over. I have been totally in love with the underwater world since I was around 10 years old. Since then I have realised my dream of becoming a dive instructor. I am a complete fish ID nerd and like to get involved in local marine conservation projects whenever I have the opportunity. I make lionfish jewellery to help our invasive lionfish containment project, and just recently I've got started with some creative writing about scuba & marine life-related subjects. I'm looking forward to engaging with some lovely scuba divers from all around the world! :)

Welcome Aboard. On 24 Oct 1983 I was just offshore of Grenada and Carriacou onboard the USS Guam, and then spent a week flying around the islands on a Marine helo. I was in and out of there alot in the 90's as a Captain on a private yacht. Is the little musuem with the paintings by the local artist still there in Carriacou? My two favorite Islands with lots of memories including ones of the 3 Brothers we lost there.

Welcome Aboard. On 24 Oct 1983 I was just offshore of Grenada and Carriacou onboard the USS Guam, and then spent a week flying around the islands on a Marine helo. I was in and out of there alot in the 90's as a Captain on a private yacht. Is the little musuem with the paintings by the local artist still there in Carriacou? My two favorite Islands with lots of memories including ones of the 3 Brothers we lost there.
Yes, the museum is still there. There is a wonderful documentary about Carriacou's history as well. Vanishing Sail – The Story of a Caribbean Tradition So interesting and beautifully filmed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom