Hello From Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's also cool to follow people who seem interesting or knowledgeable. For instance, I'm a recreational diver who loves to travel & I enjoy diving with a buddy in sunlit, warm water with great vis. in my wet suit I'm following my polar opposite: a U.S. based tech diver who loves dark caves in cold water and dives in a dry suit. By seeing what he's posting & liking in my news feed, it takes me to a part of the board I normally wouldn't go & also increases my knowledge in a way that wouldn't happen otherwise.

Happy diving!

Well said! I find it all fascinating, especially the stuff I will never do.

How dare you, sir!!:swordfight:

:cowboy:

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I wish the water here was as warm:) We were out on Saturday and the water was a balmy 50 degrees at depth. Not fun in wetsuits! We are currently in the market for drysuits.

I am near Vancouver.
I got exactly 50 Sat. here in NS. A little chilly by the end of second dive. Would be better if air was more than 54. Better than 42F water a month ago though.

Welcome from Michigan!

Scubaboard is amazing in terms of aggregation of information. You can literally find an answer to anything here OR find someone who is knowledgeable enough to answer.

It's always good to try and give back to something that has given to you. That's the main reason I'm on here. Hopefully people can learn from my misfortune/mistakes.

Before scubaboard I never really talked about my diving - it was more of a solitary thing just for me. Just talking about it on here has helped me refine my diving and become more organized and streamlined in the water. Maybe someday I'll branch out and start posting diving pictures instead of just text - who knows..

It's pretty interesting to see all the different types of divers - I would venture to say that no diver is alike on here. We all have particular reasons we dive.

Good Luck! and ask away - people on here like answering questions.

P.S. I can throw a rock into Canada I'm so close.

Last edited:
Welcome from Michigan!

Scubaboard is amazing in terms of aggregation of information. You can literally find an answer to anything here OR find someone who is knowledgeable enough to answer.

It's always good to try and give back to something that has given to you. That's the main reason I'm on here. Hopefully people can learn from my misfortune/mistakes.

Before scubaboard I never really talked about my diving - it was more of a solitary thing just for me. Just talking about it on here has helped me refine my diving and become more organized and streamlined in the water. Maybe someday I'll branch out and start posting diving pictures instead of just text - who knows..

It's pretty interesting to see all the different types of divers - I would venture to say that no diver is alike on here. We all have particular reasons we dive.

Good Luck! and ask away - people on here like answering questions.

P.S. I can throw a rock into Canada I'm so close.
Thank you!

In conversations with friends the question often gets asked "how did we ever gather information and find things out before the internet?" Forums like this are a fantastic resource.

I hope to give something back at some point. The only thing I am qualified to do right now is tell people how not to dive!

Rather than throw rocks in to Canada, how about throwing a few pieces of cool and sometimes hard-for-us-to-get gear over the fence?:):)

Thank you!

In conversations with friends the question often gets asked "how did we ever gather information and find things out before the internet?" Forums like this are a fantastic resource.

I hope to give something back at some point. The only thing I am qualified to do right now is tell people how not to dive!

Rather than throw rocks in to Canada, how about throwing a few pieces of cool and sometimes hard-for-us-to-get gear over the fence?:):)

Shearwater is all you need! you're set! and I'm pretty sure Deep Sea Supply ships to Canada! you're fine :D Plenty of cool gear manufacturers in Canada or available to be shipped to you!

Shearwater is all you need! you're set! and I'm pretty sure Deep Sea Supply ships to Canada! you're fine :D Plenty of cool gear manufacturers in Canada or available to be shipped to you!
We are pretty close to the border, so it's really not bad getting things.

Yes, we do have Shearwater, and Tim Horton's so we are not suffering!:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom