Hello from Canada!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOG-SPLITTER

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be going to your beautiful country for Christmas this year and I would like to know if anyone can recommend a few beautiful resorts or hotels I can stay in as close to the water (sea) as possible please.

I would also like to try a few different a few provinces to see.
I would also like these places to have diving close by or if someone can pick me up and take me on some really great dive sites as well as spear fishing ?Lobster fishing would also be a bonus to`always wanted to try that haha lol

Anyhow thx in advance!!

Mahala

christmas in the philippines - that's going to be a definite treat for sure!

there are a lot of great resort communities where the beaches, people, vibe and diving are spectacular: Puerto Galera, Anilao, Bohol, Malapascua and Boracay are just a few that come to mind. even if you just pick a couple from that list you will definitely not leave disappointed...

can't help w/ the lobster spearing though... we don't do that here to my knowledge...

Jag

Hey Log, fellow canadian here... You need to be more specific on what you are looking for, how long you,ll be there and what kind of budget you have. Becaus the Philippines is a very varied country with lots of very different regions to choose from! If you take the time to describe in detail what you are looking for, the people on this board will bend over backwards to help you plan your trip!

It's a beautifull country with amazing diving. I'm sure you are going to love it wherever you choose to go!:coffee:

log-splitter,
Shugar and Codman are right: there's a lot to see and you have to narrow it down. My personal favorites are in the Visayas, Alona Beach and Dumaguete or Dauin. Look them up on google map or google world to get an idea of where they are.

You can also see a lot of discussion on this site about Puerto Galera and Anilao at the southern tip of Luzon.

Whatever you choose, I can almost guarentee you good diving and a wonderful time.

Dos Palmas in Palawan and Pearl Farm in Davao have cottages right on top of the water. note though that most dive sites here are in marine protected areas so no fishing is allowed--specially if on scuba. take nothing but pictures and kill nothing but time.

to do spear fishing...... options would be to bring your own tank (and complete gear) and go to a local fishing village (ofcourse you would need a local guide who is familiar with the area that is not frequented by other scuba divers.

tho that would be hard to do considering your first trip here. no spear fishing near popular diver resorts....

perhpas on your suceeding dives here when you have hooked up with other divers into spear fishing....

Here's some details I can offer you. Philippine diving is mostly macro with pockets of big fish. YOU WILL LOVE THE MACRO LIFE.
Big fish destination--Donsol and southern Leyte (whalesharks). Tubbataha (live aboard
only and only in March, April, and May)
Macro- Anilao, Batangas (try Dive 7000 or Club Ocelaris)
Puero Galera, Mindoro
Dauin (more popularly known as Dumaguete)- try Bahura Beach Resort or
Atlantis Resort
Macro and some big fish- Malapascua (including a chance to see thresher shark). Try
Malapascua Exotic Dive Resort. 7 of us are going there
later this year (some for the 3rd time).
Google the above destination/resorts for more info or search the forums in Scubaboard.

Hi Log,
I'm Canadian as well and will be in Phils over Christmas. Personally I will be going to Puerto Galera, Mindoro. Many divesites, but primarily macro. I got my dive license in Moalboal, Cebu and I dove previously in Malapascua, Cebu, Apo Island, Negros, Balicasag and Cabilao, Bohol, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte. My ranking from best to worst is as follows:
1. Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte,
2. Balicasag/Cabilao,
3. Peurto Galera, Mindoro
4. Apo Island
5. Moalboal
6. Malapascua

oceanic2007's collections on Flickr

Canadian ako rin :p

How many time do u have ?
Heres my recommandation

land in manilla , then PG , coron, flight cebu , and then moalboal n malapascua

Mary a pinay , open a diveshop , cut ur hair never come back. dont forget the flip flop and a 26 of 25yo tanduay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom