Hello from Calgary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icediver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
After trying to take in as much info as possible from this board. I figured out people will not rip your face off every time you make a comment. I have pick up a lot of useful information that I have been able to incorporate into my diving.

I am a PADI MI, with about 700 dives. I am also Cave and Trimix certified. Max depth to this point is 250 feet on some awesome wrecks off of Halifax.
I have also dove most of the artifical reefs off of BC.

I do understand the DIR concept. I also believe that it may not be for everyone. I like the ABC concept.

T

Another hello from Calgary!

Don't let my handle fool you, I like the cold water as much as the warm ...... it's all wet to me!:)

Hello from west of you. Welcome to the board. I'd like to know which wreck you liked best off the BC coast. My funds are streched tight for boat diving so I'm trying to choose between diving the Sask. or the Columbia. Have you dove them? What's your vote? Enjoy the board :)

Hello from sunny (well kind of rainy today) Florida. :D

When I saw your post here with 20+ posts already to your name, I went back and read your other posts. I remembered you first from the PADI replacement of MFA to EFR thread.

Just let me say that I'm glad to have another rooted PADI representative on the board. PADI gets bashed a lot, some deserved, some ignorance. Glad you're spending some time in the tech sections too, you'll find we have a lot of experts in every field who frequent this board, even the long-timers have learned a lot, and offered a lot. Our membership is growing by leaps and bounds too - by 50% in the last 6 months!

I'm looking forward to your further contributions. Welcome to the board.

Welcome to the boards from south of the border! Well east and a little south anyway!:D

Welcome to the board icediver. The list of Canucks grows:)

lady6gill once bubbled...
Hello from west of you. Welcome to the board. I'd like to know which wreck you liked best off the BC coast. My funds are streched tight for boat diving so I'm trying to choose between diving the Sask. or the Columbia. Have you dove them? What's your vote? Enjoy the board :)

Thanks for the welcome.

As far as diving the artifical reefs in BC. I myself would go with the Sask. as you get the benefit of the Cape Breton as well. The Sask. went down in June 97 and has lots of growth to date. The Cape Breton went down Oct 01 and is really clean at this point in time. If you would like to view info on some neat diving check out MOSSMANSCUBAVENTURES.COM.

T

Back
Top Bottom