Hello from Brazil/ trip Red Sea Emperor Superior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I´m from Brazil and I started to dive in 96. My first good dive was in Grand Cayman with the legendary Bob Sotos operation.

Since then, I dove in some good places like Fernando de Noronha (Brazil), Sipadan (in that time, you could stay in the island and it was fantastic), Bonaire, Bora Bora (Tahiti), Costa Rica (with some big Bull Sharks), Dominic Republic, Cozumel and Turks and Caicos.

But I have to admit that the Caribeean Dive were been not so attractive in the last years. Just because I didn´t see lots of fishes as I used to see.

So, I slowed down with the dives and made lots of non-diving travels.

This year I decided to give a chance to Red Sea in October mainly because I wanted to see Pyramides , Luxor, etc. The Red Sea would be a bonus. After the trip I change my mind : there´s a lot of fish in the sea and the best attraction for me in Egypt is the Red Sea.

I have to mention that I went with a brazilian group "Mar a Mar" in a liveaboard called Emperor Superior. It departs from Hurghada. The boat is very good, very confortable. and the crew was very special. From the Nitrox guy (Raji) to the dive masters Sonja (Sonia), Daniela and Jabba (I really don´t now how to write it´s hungarian name) all work very well with big smiles trying to do their best.

follow....

For people from Spain, Latin America, Portugal - In this trip the official language was a mixture from Portuguese/Spanish and England. Daniela is from Venezuela and Sonja is a Swiss girl that lived in Colombia. Because it was a Brazilian group, the briefings were made in Spanish (with some Sonja´s tries of Portuguese).

They took us to some beatiful dives (Reef Shark Yolanda for me is the BEST !) and they changed the itinerary for our group allowing us to dive 3 times in the Thistlegorm when we asked for it. I have to say that divemasters made all the people (novice divers inclusive) to feel confortable to do some challenging (for beginers) wreck penetration dives (of course they start with easy divers and they test the group buoyancy control first !). All the operation is very nice on safety standards and safety equipment.

About marine life we saw no sharks, but lots of schools (surgeons, trevallys, some giat trevallys,sweetlips, bat fishes) some rays, giant morays, , goat fish, lots of wrasses, some nudibranquios, octopus and the very special "Spanish Dancers" in the night dives.

Usually the Emperor Superior offers 4 dives a day. Of course I will return to this boat in one or two years, but first I will check if Sonja will be on board.

After this trip I decided start again with dive vacations. My next trip will be on a Maldives Liveaboard - the Carpe Diem. I have to be thankful to the Scubaboard that helped me, at least, to known in which LiveAboard I shouldn´t be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom