Hello From Bob In Roanoke, Virginia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mundyrg

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm newly certified (Padi open water). I'm originally from the panhandle of Florida and grew up snorkeling. Funny that it's when I move inland that I finally get started scuba diving. Can't wait to get in the water.

Welcome to SB Bob! Despite being "inland", you have some pretty amazing diving within a day's drive from you. Of course, there is Lake Phoenix, which is a quarry that is rather popular among divers in the area. From what I hear, the new management has made some pretty amazing upgrades to the place within the past year. Also, you have the wrecks that line the coast of NC(and VA Beach). Both of those options should keep your weekends pretty busy with diving.

Hi Mundyrg: Welcome to Scubaboard. A great place to be with awesome members who will teach you many things about diving.
Compressor

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

If you ever wanna go check out Lake Phoenix, feel free to hit me up - I don't get nearly enough practice and would love an excuse to make it back out there more frequently. They really have done a bunch of nice stuff there in the last year. The dive shop up in Charlottesville (Dive Connections) also runs weekend group trips in the summer down to Morehead City through Discovery Diving at the end of each month - they do want you to be AOW and nitrox certified, but they are super friendly and willing to mentor new folks. Definitely an option worth checking out if you're interested in the wrecks!

Hi Bob, welcome to scuba board. I hope you enjoy diving.

Spent quite some time in Roanoke while in US, nice place. If you are ever in OZ PM me and we can go for a dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom