Hello from Austria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Wcharz:

How's diving over in your country? Was wondering what type of diving that you enjoy and where mostly everybody dive at.
Like Lakes' or river diving.

Does everbody when they dive, use drysuits or a good old heavy 7mm wetsuit year around?

For us in the eastern us, both drysuits & various thickness of wetsuits are used according to the seasons here.

I usually plan alot of lake dives & a few Quarry dives & usually go to Florida in the wintertime here in the states.

Anyway, i wish you "Safe Diving" and enjoy...

Sam....

:)

Thanks neve :)

----

Thanks and nice meeting you too, Garfish.

Unfortunately I live in a city with no divegrounds nearby. I have to choose between - rather cold - lakes (or eventually rivers) in the central regions of Austria or Carinthia (each about 2 hours drive) or the - usually much warmer - Adriatic sea (about 4 hours). I use a 7mm Semi-dry which has proven a good compromise solution for these purposes, but quite a few of my collegues use drysuites in the lakes and wetsuites in the Adriatic.

Btw., could you give me a few more hints about which lakes in the eastern US are good diving grounds? I used to come to CT a few times in the past years (which was before I was had made my OWD) and was nearby Candlewood Lake, but the visibility seemed close to 0 there.

Glad to have you aboard. I hope you enjoy the board.

Chad

Hi wcharz! Welcome to the boards from Michigan and the soon to be frozen Great Lakes Area!
:snorkel:

Thanks for your reply wcharz. I was very curious about how the diving was in Austria & what their was to see & how far you had to travel. I imagine their are shipwrecks & rock outcropping to explorer on the Adriatic Sea. I also seen that Austria is a lovely country to visit.

Here in the eastern usa. in which i live near Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. It seems like even for us,one has to travel any where up to a couple of hours to dive.

My favorite dive lake wcharz, is located down in our state of West Virginia. It is located in the Allegheny mountains & is considered a altitude dive. The lake is named Mt. Storm. What is nice about this lake,it is a power generating plant in which the water is always somewhat warm all year around. usually from 48 de f. to 93 de f. scale in the summer.

Up & down the eastern seaboard their are numerious lakes & quarries one can dive in. We have Lake Erie to the north plus Canada & in the eastern part of Pennsylvania we have Banbridge & Willowcreek quarrys. The water is somewhat cold so you half to dress for it & their are alot to see on the bottom like old equipment , planes ect.

I see you have been to Ct. in the past. I really don't know to much about what is up their. Maybe someone else can help you.

Also i left out river diving around here in which you can do, but i they are not very deep & have a lot of barge traffic.

Anyway wcharz, it was nice to chat with you again.

enjoy diving & play it safe......:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom