Hello from Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey burna,
was that Frankston time or Broadmeadows Time

Well...both of them are in the same time zone. (That's the mullet and desert boots time zone!! :D)
I always make sure I have a Def Leppard CD and a flanny shirt in the car just in case I have to drive through either one!

Ohh! You don't live there do you? :shocked2:

I actually live out in the wastelands past the airport and beyond the Thunderdome. My name is Max. :wink: well...no, it's not really.

On a serious side,

If you've been away from diving until recently you may not have heard that those old ally tanks are now considered to be really bad news. There is one type of alloy that is prone to cracking and over the years some have let go in a big way. One recently exploded in NSW whilst being filled and the LDS owner had his right leg and right hand amptated. Horrific injuries.
Most testing stations are now refusing to even test these tanks and even if you could find someone to test it, most LDS are refusing to fill these tanks made of that particular alloy.

If you want new tanks, make sure you at least call these people and get a price. www.diveimports.com.au they will deliver a nice shiny new 12 L Faber steel tank to your door for about $200 less than you can get them for in the shops. They also have allys if you prefer, but so much cheaper than the shops.

If you need new gear, give this guys a call. www.divetub.com.au excellent value and service.

If you need any more info, drop a line here or check out our Australia forum (if you haven't already). Heaps of Aussies here to help if you need it.

Oh, BTW. Welcome. (unless you're from Broadie or Franga! ):D

Last edited:
Grew up in the next street from Eddie (hot seat collingwood) and wanted to live down by the bay bought a block in th early 90's way behind seaford classed as Cranny! but alas due to rezoning in 97 ' Carrum Downs is in Franga so to answer your question no I'm not from broady or Frankston Im from both

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom