Hello fellow divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverNyd

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! Was just pointed in this direction by another diver in my dive club. I am impressed with what I have seen so far. This looks like a very nice forum.
I am a diver from the Seattle area and the vast majority of my diving is done in Puget Sound (COLD water). I am AOW certified and have around 250 dives logged. I am a fairly active diver when I am not busy as an athletic trainer at a high school.
I belong to two local dive clubs: the Marker Buoys out of Seattle, and Moss Bay Dive Assn in Kirkland. They are both a great bunch of folks who exist to promote diving in Puget Sound and all over the world.
I dive primarily to look at the critters that are encountered underwater. I am not a technical diver. I am a conservative, safe diver who stay within my limits and always dives with a buddy (my best friend).
I am looking forward to getting to know you folks better.

Nydia

Welcome, DiverNyd,

The guy just below you is from central Oregon and is a Seahawk fan--Seattle is starting to rule the world! Must be the Bill Gates Effect.

Nice to hear from you and, by all means, tell what the frigid waters of the Sound are like! And we love pictures! But none of mine because I do not have a color scanner.

Sooooo, hand up your wts, undo your BC and pass it up, now give me your fins AND climb aboard the best scuba web site this side of the moon.

Joewr

Originally posted by joewr

Sooooo, hand up your wts, undo your BC and pass it up, now give me your fins AND climb aboard the best scuba web site this side of the moon.

Joewr [/B]

Joewr -

Not sure what kind of charters you have been using but here in Puget Sound we climb aboard with all of our gear still on. On some boats we take off our fins first, but usually just haul ourselves aboard with everything intact.
I was diving in Hawaii once and freaked out the divemaster when I got on board with all of my gear still on. That was with a measly 10 pounds of lead. Hmph.

Hey Nydia,

Welcome to the board!!! However, I gotta warn you about ol' Joe... he likes his divin' a bit on the easy side... I remember him makin' some sorta comment about bein' a candy--- you fill in the blanks diver. Thats his words now, not mine!!!

:tease:

I am a candy a-- diver. And I only use 8-10 lbs of wts myself.

You are the second person in a week or two who has told me that the boats they use do not take up wts, BC's etc. Well, maybe someday you can step up (No pun intended: that would be the NetDoc's specialty and he will be drifting by soon, I suspect.) to a better class of boat............

No matter, welcome aboard, gear and all--just don't swing around too fast with that tank: I am right behind you.

Joewr

Hey again Nydia,

See I told you, now he has even confessed. Makes you wonder if he even kicks when he's in the water ifnyouknowhatImean... probably uses one of them thar scooter thingies...

Now the rest of us are real solid divers... we carry our tanks, and even some of our buddies as well. Take care, ahve fun on the board, and for a real hoot, look up the "redneck divers" thread... its a hoot!!! The "DIR is not just for diving" is another real good one too...

As fer them thar puns... I live in Florida, not Punsylvania! Of course we were discovered by that great Old World explorer (and hero of mine), PUNce DeLeon...

:tease:

Hi Nydia, Glad to see a fellow Moss Bay Diver here!

I've started diving with a California Transplant & she was astonished that the boat comes to pick you up where you surface. I think that's one of the best things about boat divin'. Oh... and she didn't understand why she needed three tanks for boat dives, "what do you mean they don't have a compressor?"

-kate (aka Katherine)

ps
Have you ever been to the Langley Tire Reef?

Hello Nydia, welcome aboard. As you can see we all like having fun here, but there's much more to it. The members are civil, knowledgeable and have good sences of humour.. well most of us do! We look forward to your participation.

Seattle is very beautiful, I spent a few months up there. I have to say that the selection and quality of the Billiard Clubs was impressive.

Welcome another diving addict hehehehe.

I wonder if there is a 'DA' for Divers Anonymous. If not there should be cause this is highly addictive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom