Hello everyone......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MI_Diver

Reaction score
Just finished my OW course, and am waiting for the weather to warm up before doing my OW dives (I live in Michigan). I've been over on scubadiving.com for the past couple weeks, leerking and learning. Found this board, and find this one MUCH easier to follow (better format). My wife took the OW course with me, and is as excited as I am to start diving.

Not planning any warm diving till end of year most likely. Plan on spending the summer taking some more training (most likely AOW and Rescue) Our dive shop offered an open invitation to go down the quarry with them during the summer to practice and work with them on things. I want to work on that before heading south for a week worth of diving. I figure that living in Michigan, between quarries and lakes, I have more then enough to dive in for pratice over the summer.

Glad to see everyone here, and I will most likely be spouting off about things and asking questions from here on out..

Welcome MI_Diver! If you lurk around here for awhile you'll find out how cool it is here. The people, laughs and advice are great.

So why the frowning face on your post? You should be happy! :)

Dear MI diver

You have landed on the most informative and friendly scuba site I have found yet. Welcome, dive in and enjoy.

25F degrees and snowing causes a blue frown. :)

Could be worse. I was in the UP (up on Lake Superior) last weekend, and was 4F degrees on Sunday moring. Now THAT was cold.

When the ice melts, and I can start diving, then I will be replacing the blue frown. :wink:

Sorry it's so cold where you are. I can't help this and I know someone is going tosay I'm rubbing it in, but I went diving off Pompano Beach last week end and it was great. 74 deg F water temp and evern thoug the viz was only 30 ft, I had a blast.

Wow,MI-Diver, that is cold. Now I understand the "blue" frowning face, LOL. Ya know, I kind of miss the snow. I grew up with it but have lived in Texas for 10 years now. This is the time of year to go diving so you can get away from the snow and cold. You can do your check out dives anywhere in the world (almost). :)

Sounds like you had a great time Dennis. I'm heading for Cozumel on the 1st. Can't wait, since it's been two years since I've done any diving!

Hey MI Diver

No need for the frown. We up here in the frozen north have taken up the gaz axe (aka chainsaw) and hacked a hole into the lake... hey ever tried to ride a bike upside down!?? air in the tires make it positive and it's quite a riot! Another fav is to get air into the boots of the dry suit and do the "moonwalk"... We also dive year round in the Atlantic but ice diving is good for a change of pace.

Hey Dennis, I was diving today and the water was 33F no you're not rubbing it in...but I do own a speargun! :)

Remora,

Are you trying to tell us that you take a bicyle underwater through a hole in the ice and then ride the bicycle underwater with the wheels touching the underside of the ice with your scuba gear on? Are you saying that there is enough air in the tires to keep it afloat with you on it?

If that is the case, that is truly "bizarre"! LOL Who thinks of such things??????????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom