Hello everybody...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thailand...? Cool.. Ive been there a ton of time, I was based in SE Asia for almost 3 years, but I wasnt a diver then, just a golfer. Where would you recommend diving in Thailand?

Hey! I could use some free lessons amigo...
How about some sympathy for the "Slice King of the South Pacific?"
As my good friend senor Bond says...."My clothes may be wet,but my martini is still dry..."
Cheers Big Ears,
The Gasman

Glad to see you smiling, Greg... :thumb:

Gaucho - whereabouts in SE Asia were you living? Which bank did you work for? I have a few friends in investment banking in the region. Where did you used to golf - Phuket? Around Bangkok? (questions, questions...)

As for diving in Thailand, the best places would be accessed from Phuket - Similan Islands and Andaman Islands, Burma Banks. The place where I dive regularly is totally unknown to the international diving community (but I'm trying to bring more attention to it through this forum! :))

check out http://www.absolutwreck.com

I certified OW here and will most likely do all my certifications with this shop. My only diving experience has been at the dive sites in this area and even though I've dived most of them at least 3 times since April, I'm constantly amazed by what I see - even in bad viz. The best part about this place is that Absolut Wreck is the only dive operator in the area so you are virtually guaranteed never to bump into other divers as is prevalent in places like Pattaya and Koh Tao.

Anybody coming to Thailand, I'd recommend a trip to Ban Krut and Absolut Wreck Diving & Tours for pure relaxation and great recreational dives. (Not to mention that it must offer the best value for money dives in Thailand....)

Cheers

Thanks for the complete info, Allison. Looks like I will have to return to Thailand sometime soon. Gasman, Im no where near a good golfer, Im a solid twenties handicapper but do enjoy the game very much, its also a great excuse to do business deals.

I was based between SIN (Singapore) and CGK (Jakarta). Did mostly SE Asian distressed asset management. Been golfing both around BKK and also Phuket and other areas. My favorite course in Thailand is Blue Canyon. Outside Thailand, one of the nicest courses in SE Asia is (IMO) the Nirvana Tana Lot course outside Bali.

Me,I play on a golf course that was converted from a sheep paddock.They are the caddies and we hold on to them so we can swing.A round of golf? $10.00 NZ.Cheap eh? :whoa:
Heck,the most expensive membership for a year is only $400 - $500 dollars in my town.You'd love it here.Golfing and one of the top 10 dive sites in the world.Jealous? :p
Cheers sorry you can't be here ears,
There can be only one,
The Gasman

Had a feeling you'd say Blue Canyon...! I'm not a golfer myself, but have heard that's a beautiful course.

Bali?? I lived there for 3 years... just moved back to Thailand at the end of 2000 - I miss it terribly. Unfortunately I never dived over there which is something I'm kicking myself over now - I hope to get back there soon to go to all those great dive spots I have only snorkelled!

cheers

You lived in Bali for 3 years.... :eek: (Im sooooo jealous :D). I would love to just quit everything and work odd jobs in Bali for a year.

.... and I would love to go back there. Maybe some day. Hey, why don't you just take a sabbatical and do it? It's pretty easy to live there, and tons of people do just that. Go on holiday and end up staying for months...

*Am I putting ideas into your head?? :egrin:* hehehe. The diving's pretty damn good there too...

:)

Yeah, you are implanting ideas..... LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom