Hello everybody...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaucho

Reaction score
Hello to all. I just registered to these boards, and am also quite new to Scuba. Started off early this year, and am now working on my Advanced certification. Hope to get that under the belt in the next couple of weeks and also Nitrox certification.

I hope to be able to get some advice on what console/computer to purchase, I already have my own BC and regulator. Look forward to getting to know a couple of the regulars on these boards in the future.

Cheers,
Gaucho

Welcome to the board! There's plenty of advices to go and ask. I have a Tusa compact gauges (PSI, compass, and computer that collect valuable data such as water temperature, depth, ascent rate, dive logs, history, and many more.. Enjoy your advance and nitrox classes.
Dive in Peace!
afraser31

Forgot to mention my Tusa, I luvvvv it! I ordered it through the online catalog: http://www.directdive.com. The cost was $306.00 including shipping. Its catalog has many great equipments to choose from. let me know what you get. Adios Amigo! afraser31

Sorry about the mix up! I typed in the website backward rather than the right way. Anyway, the catalog I recieved for my Tusa computer was from Divers Direct. Sorry!!
afraser31

Thanks, afraser. I will check the site out. See you around the boards!!

Interesting handle.Are you a cowboy from the Argentinian Pampas? Man those guys can move....especially with their bolos.Anyways,welcome to the boards and to scuba and ask away if you have any problems.
Cheers Big Ears,
The one and only,
Gasman

Hello Gaucho, welcome to the Scubasource family. There are more than a few divers whom prefer the Suunto Cobra. It's a great unit, that many recommend highly. You can go to the Suunto Diving site to see and play with it, if you choose to download the demo.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Thanks for the welcome & the info., Mario & Gasman. Im a native Argentine, although my early family life and current job has made me into a nomadic citizen of the world.

Im really hooked on to this scuba thing, and look forward to contributing to the boards.

Cheers,
Gaucho

One other question. Just so I post in the correct forum, where would I go for advice on where to dive during a certain time of the year...??

Bienvenido Gaucho! You've found the right place to spend your surface time....

I'm also working on my Advanced now, although with weather conditions in THailand it might take me a few months to get it finished! ;-( I don't have my own computer yet, but a friend of mine was trying out her new Suunto Vyper last weekend - she showed me how it worked - I thought it was pretty cool, easy to use...

There is a separate forum for Dive travel - scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find the Forum Jump pop up menu... THere is a complete travel category with separate forums for different regions. Basically you can ask questions anywhere but they might get answered more promptly if asked in the relevant forum.

Good luck with your Advanced - come back and tell us about it...
Cheers
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom