Hello everybody and suit help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zooqi

Reaction score
Hello, I was looking for some info and got to this nice forum that I have not heard of before.
:)
I have two questions if anybody can help
1: What kind of glue in local stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart or hardware store I can get to be used to fix dry suit ? Any special brand that can be used ?

2: I have a wet suit that I want to change the color of a line on it (blue) and is there is any special paint that can be used or that can change the suit color?

Thank you and happy to find you guys :)

Thank you P. I will look to see where can I find the glue. I went to AC-More and got this special paint that took care of the color for me. I also took my old dry suit that the blue color has faded and looked white in some areas and soaked it in this paint and boy it looks new now. There is one problem that I did not use gloves and my hands are dark and it will be a long week. Good that is bellow zero outside and nobody will make fun of me having gloves on.:) :D

For drysuit repairs you need to get aquaseal. There are also a couple of other things you need like fine sandpaper, patching material, etc. Most good manufacturers put out a patch kit that you can purchase to do field repairs. If it's a decent kit the repairs will, in all likelihood, be good enough to last the lifetime of the suit.

Example: Pearce got a rip in his DUI drysuit during our ascent from the Thistlegorm in the Red Sea in March. Fortunately, we had our patch kit with us. About a day later he was diving with it. No problems since!

As for changing colour of items on the suit: I don't think that's possible. Things like trim, piping, etc., are manufactured in the desired colour, not "painted" after the fact.

I am very leery of the fact that you "painted" the suit. Please be aware that drysuit material is very special and may not take kindly to being "painted".

~SubMariner~

zooqi once bubbled...

1: What kind of glue in local stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart or hardware store I can get to be used to fix dry suit ? Any special brand that can be used ?

2: I have a wet suit that I want to change the color of a line on it (blue) and is there is any special paint that can be used or that can change the suit color?

Thank you and happy to find you guys :)

First we had to compete with the internet, now Kmart and Home Depot.. Where will it end:bonk:

Like Submariner said, a patch kit will work best but I do have concerns about the paint. Check the material CAREFULLY and often to make sure it doesn't deteriorate and cause major problems.

I used the die from AC More and is not a paint. My dry suit had some light areas from long use and It brought it back to its original color (dark blue) I used it last week in my ice dive and I looked at it the next day and the color is still nice and blue. Neopren loses color after a while and since it worked on my drysuit I used it on different wet suits that I have and it worked well.

welcome to the board!

Home depot drysuit repairs? A man after my own heart! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom