Hello Again....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I was on this site a few years ago. My name is Heather and I previously lived on Guam. I am now living in Norman, OK and soon to be in Scotland. I am traveling to Kona, HI this week and want to shore dive! Anyone live there? Traveling there? Any info would be much appreciated!! Heather

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.....with all that traveling you must have a very interesting dive log...i used to dive in Hawaii a lot but not much on the big island...good luck in all that you do....you might try the Hawaii section of scuba earth for information .

Hello, I was on this site a few years ago. My name is Heather and I previously lived on Guam. I am now living in Norman, OK and soon to be in Scotland. I am traveling to Kona, HI this week and want to shore dive! Anyone live there? Traveling there? Any info would be much appreciated!! Heather

Good shore diving here: Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Place of Refuge of The Big Island, Hawaiian Islands.

Diving at Place of refuge is great, good looking/healthy corals, when the tank runs out of air it can also be snorkeled. One day there were 21 dolphins that would snorkel with us...we finally got tired. They would swim right next to you as long as you kept your arms next to your side, when you would move your arms at all they would move away from you, otherwise they swam about three feet away from you

I did the Manta dive on the Big Island as well and it was terrific. 13 Mantas showed up it was well worth the price of the boat dive from Big Island divers.

24235095541_7fb322c2e7_b.jpg
Pit (1 of 1)-3 - Copy by jadlh, on Flickr

Also take a hike on the lava fields and watch the earth being formed, it was another incredible experience.

23689445824_6832a730db_b.jpg
Image140 - Copy - Copy - Copy by jadlh, on Flickr

Last edited:
Welcome back to SB

Back
Top Bottom