Hellllllllllllllllpa!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, so in theory, I should be able to burn to Phillip's DVD+R and DVD+RW disks because that is the drive I have, right? So maybe the problem is all with the Memorex disks I am using? I will try that later tonight and let you know.

I can't even know if the dumb things will play on any other DVD player yet as I can't get anything burned. Thank gods I only spent a little bit of money on this dumb thing!

I can't believe there isn't a list of what works with what somewhere out there...anyone know of any pointers to finding info on compatible stuff? Thanks again

Everytime I have ventured into a computer store to look at DVD burners, luckily, I have been talked out of it by the salesperson. I think he probably fears that I'll go back and yell and scream from all the problems that I'm sure I would encounter.

Sparky30 talked about burning VCD clips, but is anybody else dissatisfied with the resolution of VCD, especially for underwater video? Combinations of backscatter, bubbles, and video compression make me think I'm watching an X-rated video where everything ends up in mosaic. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I've given up already and just keep everything on DV tapes. When I want to watch, I just use the remote to FF, turn off the sound on the TV and put in my favorite music CD, and pretend that I am watching an edited video. Sounds archaic but it sure beats all the headaches. I spent a lot of money on computer peripherals and they are all sitting on the shelf collecting dust!
:bonk:

Back
Top Bottom