Helium Billing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Part of it may be that the custom mixes in AL80s cannot be sold quickly and it ties up that tank so it cannot be rented out.

If it’s a small tank like a 3 litres rebreather tank, I charge for the full tank. If it’s a regular tank, I charge by what’s been used plus a bit more for the loss in transfill, if it’s a standard mix.

I figure when I’m traveling that I’m paying for the helium even if I don’t use it.

To ease my pain I’ll start with a higher helium content than is optimum and just keep topping off with air. Last trip I ditched the Choptima and did the last dive on OC. YMMV depending on unit I’m sure. Ease of switching between CCR and OC might be one of the chop’s strongest characteristics

It depends on the diveshop. But if they charge you for a tank that is full after a dive, you can drain it if you want. It is your gas. I have done this in the past.

Most divecenters only charge you for the the diluent at the end (most divecenters also use topup for diluent). and just a part for the bailouts as you always loose a little bit. That is normal in my eyes. Also a daily rental is quite normal.

It depends on the tanks and mix. If they want a standard mix for bailouts and I have already have them, they just pay for rental and the gas used at the end of the rental. If they want something special they pay for it.
Diluent bottles pay for the rental and the fill when picked up, what comes back in it doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom