Helium and Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Roakey, that was what I was looking for. We do PP blending, so ANY special blends are done with pure oxygen. I just wasn't sure if He needed anything, but you and Watergal made things clear. He will not cause any explosions w/ PP blending as long as tanks are O2 cleaned for the filling.

The reg is ok being O2 cleaned for oxygen percentages up to standard (normally 40%). Heliox is something I don't think my shop is going to do...but I'll have to check.

I just didn't know if I had to warn people about He or not when they bought their equipment..now I know! :)

Thanks guys..you are great!

Sounds like you got it right on!

Especiallt that last sentance :hehe:

Best of luck with the shops expanded services.

Originally posted by roakey

Trimix is ANY mixture of Oxygen, Helium and Nitrogen only. If you add He to an empty cylinder and then “blow” air on top you get Heliair, which is a subset of Trimix, though Heliair is a range of mixes, all that have an O2 content less than 21%. Heliair is not used very often, because by the time you add enough He in order to keep your Nitrogen Narcosis to a reasonable level, your mix becomes hypoxic at the surface. That means you have to deal with travel mixes and gas switches and therefore task loading to get to a depth where you can breathe your back gas without passing out. It’s hard to enjoy a dive when all your focus is on staying alive.

Roak

How does one mark the cylinders as to tell the MINIMUM operating deapth ?? to avoid hypoxia ?

dive safe and happy ;-)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom