helios 9 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolfpack

Registered
Reaction score
I have a helios 9 CLONE from brazil, he shipped it with loose orings that leak at depth, my friend bought some orings that are suppose to be helios orings, but they go on really tight, does anyone have a helios 9, and are the orings really tight? some dimensions wold be appreciated, maybe dimensions of the lid outer and inner and of the oring uninstalled,. THANKS!!

what do you need helios specs for you dont have a helios you just need an oring not a bunch of stuff about some other light that may or may not be the same from the description and your buddy elsewhere it sounds like you need a 2-227 or maybe 2-226

or go to your hardware bearing or hydraulic shop and try different 1/8'' orings until you find one which is jsut a just a hair tighter than a drop on

this is not rocket science this is something you can solve yourself locally with a little common sense

you know people have given me a hard time here for pointing out that there is a price (a small one that is usaully well worth it but a price no less) when you buy basement instead of name brand gear but this is a good example the guy may be able to make a hell of a canister but he is still working his way up the learning curve and doesnt seem to know how orings are supposed to fit !!! good thing you cuaght it before you took it under you could have wiped out your pack and maybe litehead

funny too that after all the bashing halcyon takes here for being so expensive when the basement stuff goes wrong everyones first reaction is to say 'gee can someone take a look at a real halcyon and tellm e how they do it??"

dont mean to sound hard and good luck on you light you are just having a little teething prob like we homebuilders have all the time :)

wolfpack once bubbled...
I have a helios 9 CLONE from brazil, he shipped it with loose orings that leak at depth, my friend bought some orings that are suppose to be helios orings, but they go on really tight, does anyone have a helios 9, and are the orings really tight? some dimensions wold be appreciated, maybe dimensions of the lid outer and inner and of the oring uninstalled,. THANKS!!

I understand that it really does not matter what the hal specs are , I have haycyon orings and If the specs were the same as my light then the orings would be correct.

Lets look at my light vw the halcyon 9, I now have a halcyon 18w hid I bought for 400 dollars (600-200 I sold the canister for) , a knock off canister for 70 dollars and an origional halcyon battery pack for 140, total price, 600 bucks or so, vs the helios 9 at what price? wow , I have a hugh savings.

All i have to do is fix this minor oring problem and I am done, I was just wondering how close my specs are to an actual helios 9, that's all, If you saw my canister I doubt that you would see a difference between it and a real helios.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom