HECC 2010 - off the beaten path.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caverkevin

Contributor
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am pleased to announce the Hart Springs Education Cave Clinic for 2010. It will be a day long program, filled with speakers, discussion, demonstrations and fun with your cave diving friends. It will be taking place on Saturday, January 16th at Hart Springs park in Gilchrist county Florida. The cost for this clinic will be $35, will include the commemorative t-shirt, day admission to the park, breakfast and lunch. Registration is available online at Hart Springs Educational Cave Clinic 2010 - Eventbrite or Friday night at Amigo's Dive Center or the morning of the event.

On the agenda for Saturday will be exciting presentations from cave explorers, off the beaten paths. Jerome Meynié, the French deep cave explorer will be there, and share with you 10 years of cave diving exploration in Europe, with a small support team and challenging logistics. Then Wendell Nope will share with you the story of the exploration of Rick’s cave in Utah, in cold water and a remote location. Jerry Murphy will speak about exploring in Florida and techniques to be an explorer yourself. There will also be the latest on research in hyperbaric medicine applied to diving with Dawn Kernagis from Duke. There will be discussion on equipment and cave diving techniques. Lamar Hires will be leading a panel covering CCR bailout; options and configurations. Dive Rite will be hosting a Nomad sidemount and Optima rebreather demonstration.

Guided diving will be available all weekend for Little Hart and Black Lagoon at Hart Springs, cost $20 a day. For the sidemount divers there will be guided trips to Rock Bluff, Jess' Hole and other area caves. The Hart Springs diving will be scheduled on the hour for Saturday and Sunday. If you would like to book a time slot with a guide, please contact hecc2010@gmail.com to reserve your dive time.

Jim Wyatt will be leading a Project Aware clean-up of the park on Saturday afternoon. Any and all assistance in keeping the park beautiful will be appreciated.

On Monday, Lamar Hires will be holding a IUCRR diver course at Ginnie Spring. The cost will be $50. It will start at 10 AM. If you would like to attend please contact hecc2010@gmail.com

This is the year to attend! As next month before the event, the Gilchrist county board of commissioners will be meeting to discuss the future of diving at Hart Springs. There may be exciting developments!! If you plan on attending please RSVP at hecc2010@gmail.com so we can have your size T-shirt ready for you.

Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

Kevin Jones

Last edited:
Hey Steve,

Wish you could be there as well. Seeing your status update this morning about the storm warning, I bet you are wishing you could be in Florida. You would enjoy Jerome Meynié's discussion on deep cave exploration. I am very impressed that he is able to explore caves that are 500 to 600 feet deep.

Next time brother!!

Kevin

If you still don't have plans for this Saturday, head out to Hart Springs. Weather forecast is for warmer temperatures, but it looks like there will be rain and storms as well. We'll be inside with our friends, having breakfast & lunch and enjoying the presentations from our speakers.

Unfortunately the water level of the Suwannee river came up a few weeks ago. Hart Springs has gone dark. So there will be no diving at Hart or Rock Bluff. May still be able to get a few sidemount divers into Jess' Hole with Scott Butch. There will still be rebreather demos of the Optima, rEvo and KISS rebreathers, but they will have to take place at Ginnie Springs. Monday the IUCRR course with Lamar Hires at Ginnie Springs.

You can register online at Hart Springs Educational Cave Clinic 2010 - Eventbrite or at Amigo's Dive center Friday evening or Saturday morning at during breakfast at Hart Springs.

Cheers!!

Kevin

Dear All,

please find the program for HECC attached ... Some slight modifications may occur during saturday ...

Looking forward to see you there !

Cheers !!!

Cris Jones

Attachments

• Final_HECC brochure_2010_inside_web.jpg
    Final_HECC brochure_2010_inside_web.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 53
Just came back from HECC 2010, sorry guys that I could not make it to dinner at Wayne's, prior engagement...

The program was excellent with presentations about Utah (yes, Utah) cave diving with very cool video, Thinking Outside the Bubble by Dawn Kernagis (DCI research), a phenomenal presentation by Jerome Meynie (sp? apologies to Jerome if I mispelled his name) about cave exploration in France, Jerry Murphy on local cave diving, discussion on CCR bailout issues by Lamar Hires, and equipment configuration by Kevin Jones (aka caverkevin).

The price of admission was well worth it as it included breakfast and lunch plus a cool T-shirt and 3 raffle tickets.

Thanks to the organizers, the NSSCDS, the Hart Springs staff and the people that contributed the raffle prizes (Dive Rite, Deep Sea Supply, Amigos, Silent Scuba, Extreme Exposure, North Florida Springs Alliance and anyone else I forgot to mention, my apologies, but still very appreciative)

I enjoyed the program very much and the chance to see old friends and meet new ones.

Dive safe,

Celia

PS "Off the Beaten Path" is an understatement... were it not for my iPhone GPS I do not think I would have arrived on time...much less found the location....
001.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom