Heavy Diver, which Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnspierce

Contributor
Reaction score
I am a recreational diver / photographer, all my diving is in Caribbean or South Pacific. I wear either a shorty or a 3/2 full suit, maybe 8-12 lbs. of lead. I am 6'1" and weigh 240 pounds.

I really like both the Ranger and the Stiletto.

My question is, does the Stiletto have enough lift for a big boy like me?

Wow, we've just finished a long thread about this but let me summarize....your body pays little into the bouyancy but the wetsuit does as well as the lead you wear. So, looks like you are 12lbs neg and apprx 6lbs pos (wetsuit, AL 80 empty).....so overall 6lbs neg and around 30-50 lbs of lift in those BCDs......ya, your good, if not a bit of overkill.

You could use a backplate and wing and just change out wings for different locations/environments.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, sorry about that, just read the other thread. I considered the Express Tech too, but I do really like integrated weights, diving for 20 years with weight belts burnt me out on them. As I say, I'm just a rec / warm water guy, nothing technical. I mostly like hovering over lil critters with my Aquatica and a 105mm macro :D

You can add either Zeagle weight system to the Express Tech also. Express Tech - Backplate BCs - BCs - Zeagle Dive Systems
Three different optional weight systems can be easily added to the back plate. The 20-pound "Zip-Touch" or Zeagle’s Ripcord weight system can be added to the plate with stainless steel screw fasteners. Also our 20 pound rear weight system can easily be added to the back of the plate.

Stiletto 2xl vest with size Lg shoulders will place the weights properly on your hips to anchor the bc and make it stay in place during the dive. Don't listen to anyone who just tells you to let out the cumberbun, buy the largest vest you can wear without doing so.

Stiletto 2xl vest with size Lg shoulders will place the weights properly on your hips to anchor the bc and make it stay in place during the dive. Don't listen to anyone who just tells you to let out the cumberbun, buy the largest vest you can wear without doing so.

Being a Zeagle dealer I am thinking you know what the heck you are talking about. Dealer is telling me I should go large vest with medium shoulders. Feels really small and tight to me. A large vest cumberbun fastens right in the middle of my stomach.

Thanks for the input Capt. Gene.

My dive buddy bought a BC with integrated weights, bells, whistles, everything. I bought a Zeagle Scout, which is rather austere. I dove my Scout for years, and it traveled very well. He found traveling with his bulky BC was a PITA, especially when flying. Less is more.

Back
Top Bottom