Heated suit options besides Santi BZ400?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Berndo knows everything. So clever. Such knowledge. Such a great way of communicating.

And frequently wrong, opinionated, dogmatic and rarely backed up with evidence...

Berndo knows everything. So clever. Such knowledge. Such a great way of communicating.

And frequently wrong, opinionated, dogmatic and rarely backed up with evidence...
🤣🤣
Got nothing to with being clever. I've just been diving for much longer than you have. I stark contrast to you, I don't sound off when I know nothing something... I don't posts about stuff I'm clueless about. You should try that sometime.

Who knows who you are. You've never introduced yourself.

I thought you are a DiveMaster: all dives and no knowledge. One day you might let us know of your superior skills with some examples of your diving. Short of that, there's nothing to support your claim of how marvellous you are.

Also, it's so nice that you will attack anyone who writes about any errors or issues they have, thus depriving the community of opportunities to learn and not good for ScubaBoard. I come here to learn, not to listen to people who preach their unsupported opinions.

You mean that they stole the design when you say that “it is a steal”? 😂
The design has been around for well over 20 years. The BZ400 referres to the Thinsulate C stuff. It's the same stuff and it's also quilted do avoid clumping of the fibers for some time. The quilting is actually the most important feature for Thinsulate suits and Rofos has it too. The cheopo suits don't have that. The extra money you pay is for the brand name and the marketing.
Santi again raised the price from about 400 Euros to 500 Euros. I think it's a rip off. I don't see a point in paying double for what essentially the same product.

The design has been around for well over 20 years. The BZ400 referres to the Thinsulate C stuff. It's the same stuff and it's also quilted do avoid clumping of the fibers for some time. The quilting is actually the most important feature for Thinsulate suits and Rofos has it too. The cheopo suits don't have that. The extra money you pay is for the brand name and the marketing.
Santi again raised the price from about 400 Euros to 500 Euros. I think it's a rip off. I don't see a point in paying double for what essentially the same product.
I'd rather pay over €500 for something that fits; as one size fits nobody. The photo of the bloke in the Rofos suit has loose legs.

But I'd happily pay extra to have heating in the suit including the legs and arms and not need another heated vest for the torso only.

Before this gets too derailed by debate:
A potential option is SmartTex.

I personally haven't had too much experience with them, but when I did contact they were very communicative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom