Heard of Sea Lice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to the Caribbean and had someone warn me of Sea Lice? Was he pulling my leg?
Janelle
Plan on wearing at least a 1/2 mm wetsuit such as the Pinnacle Shadow for protection. Pinnacle Aquatics
It is comfortable, won't restrict your motion, and will offer protection from sea lice, other stinging things, straps, buckles, and it will give a little extra comfort against a BC. They are inexpensive, pack light, and can be used to pad something else in your suitcase that may be more delicate.

I've noticed they get caught in the elastic areas of your swim suit. If you leave your suit to totally dry before using, usually no problem with them going off. There is different ozone products, some in sun screen, that can be used after contact. Sun screen ones are a preventative. Most people that I've seen have varying degrees of poison ivy like signs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom