Heads up display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like a pricey but intriguing concept. It does not appear to be a true heads-up display but, instead, the integration of a dive computer into the lower quadrant of a scuba mask. I would need to know more about the display, mode switching technique, mask quality, lens options and wireless integration configuration to comment more. Nevertheless........considering the potential......in a word......WOW.

They are in production and use for the military right now... So now, it's just back to switching up more for the recreational diver, and so after a few minor changes, it will be available in the spring. As far as how it works, it's basically a Oceanic VT Pro shrunk down and built into the lower right hand side of the mask. Should hit the market somewhere between $1000 and $1500... and probably on the lower side of that. Last time I talked to Dan, they hadn't cemented the MSRP yet.

We have a similar display on our SCBA masks. While exciting during training, most of us don't use them on scene. Diving applications may be more suited, but dang-on pricely for what I consider "disposable" and or "short lifespan" gear.IMO

Maybe a simple set of LED indicators for tanks pressure (traffic light configuration) would be a cheaper alternative somebody could introduce. Maybe some LEDs for nitrogen loading as well.

scubatoys:
They are in production and use for the military right now... So now, it's just back to switching up more for the recreational diver, and so after a few minor changes, it will be available in the spring. As far as how it works, it's basically a Oceanic VT Pro shrunk down and built into the lower right hand side of the mask. Should hit the market somewhere between $1000 and $1500... and probably on the lower side of that. Last time I talked to Dan, they hadn't cemented the MSRP yet.

thats expensive!

OceanReef has a multiple LED based tank pressure and depth indicators that looks easy to notice, see, and understand, and does not get it the way of your vision, called there Shield Display ... even if the mask themselves are not so popular
... http://www.oceanreefgroup.com/ ... Accessories, kinda interesting to try out the simulator

DB

scubatoys:
As far as how it works, it's basically a Oceanic VT Pro shrunk down and built into the lower right hand side of the mask.

The old version’s display is like that but it looks like Oceanic have changed the display format completely in the new version.

From left to right: old version, old version (illustration), new version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom