Heading to Tioman Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucky Man

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My first post. My wife and I are headed to Berjaya resort for a couple weeks in Mar.10. The on-site dive centre is Berjaya Tioman dive shop. If anybody can give me any info on the shop, please let me know the lowdown.
Thanks

All the dive shops in TIoman are good. THe dinving is good. Season starts in March. Berjay is an ok hotel. Swiss Cottages may be better. I usually dive with Dive Asia a little south of where you are staying (accomodations there are a bit stark though and i would not take my wife to stay at Dive Asia. But the Berjaya will be fine.

Hello and welcome.

Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the info Bronson, I will check Dive Asia out on the internet. We are planning on staying in Singapore for a couple days on our way to Tioman, do you have any suggestions on where to stay?

Bejaya is a resort on Tioman Island in the South China Sea off the eastern coast of pensular Malaysia

LuckyMan, As for Singapore Hotels, it all depends on your budget. You surely get what you paid for:

- Hotels that i stayed in before i moved here are : LOts of hotels here but i stayed at Mandarin Oriental and Shangri-La. Both have ok restaurants and a pool. The Shangri-La is nicer and nearer to the shopping district on Orchard Road. The Ritz Carlton is newer but not worth the extra price.

- Shopping: The whole place is one big shopping mall but maybe check out the newest mall in Asia called Ion on the corner of Orchard and Scott's Road. Things are about the same prices in USA and in my view electronics are cheaper in NYC than in SIngapore.

- There is a Starbucks on every corner and just as pricy.

- Food is ok. I loved it at first but then living here a bit it all seems to taste the same just like Disney WOrld food.

- There is vitrually no crime here. It is not as strict as you read but there is a watchful eye by the authorities but that focus on the real bad guys and not the ordinary jay walker.

- The weather is pleasant with 34 degree days (Celcius) and 28 degree evenings. Not must rain during this monsoon season. It is nice and sunny.

- If you are here for a few days, maybe check out Sentosa Island (lots of restaurnants on the beech but the beach is interesting but not picturesque with the refineray across the waterway) but it is a beach just the same. Nice hotels but out of the way from everything. You go there for a day/evening and go back to central.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom