Heading to the Big Island this week - What MM wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

I'm heading to the Big Island for the next two weeks and will be staying at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. I'm looking for some guidance on what wet suit I should bring.

My choices are
- 6.5 mm Mares Iso Therm semi-dry
- 3 mm Pinnacle Seal Marino lined
- 3/2 mm Shorty Seal

What do you recommend? :confused:

Also: I will be Scuba diving most of the time with Redsail (on premises) and hope to get out with another dive company on the weekend. I am with a group, but have no dive buddies lined up ... any takers?

I dive a 3/2mm full when I go to HI, and it works perfect for me.

I suggest the 3mm full.

Thanks for the offer, and the heads up on the mantas! Is there a dive operator you would recommend for the Manta trip. Redsail does not do one.

It looks like I'm going to be there 10/25 - 10/29... I'd like to find a buddy for a couple of shore dives... ANy takers?

For Manta & Black Water, I recommend Big Island Divers.

Liz

Well, I wear a 5mm full when I dive in Hawaii. I find repetitive diving in 78-80 degree water to chill me after a few days and a 5mm full prevents that.

GradualAccent:
Thanks for the offer, and the heads up on the mantas! Is there a dive operator you would recommend for the Manta trip. Redsail does not do one.

My 3mm full worked out perfect!

what was the water temp?

We are headed there on Saturday and diving for the week (booked 5 days) - my hubby is taking a new 5mm fullsuit and I am taking my 3/2 fullsuit and a 3mm shortie to wear over it. We are also taking hoods and gloves just in case. He is shooting still photos and I am doing video so usually we don't move around much and get cold easily.

thanks!

robint

I'm wearing a 3 mil full right now as is my wife and we're very comfortable. Another in our group is wearing a farmer jane setup which gives her 13 mils across the middle.

So we're all different.

Al Mialkovsky:
I'm wearing a 3 mil full right now as is my wife and we're very comfortable. Another in our group is wearing a farmer jane setup which gives her 13 mils across the middle.

So we're all different.

I realize that - that is why I asked water temp, not what should we wear. So what is the water temp??? :wink:

robint

Back
Top Bottom