Heading to Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakjar

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Love the cold, but must do some warm water diving every once in a while. This year is Fiji. Leaving March 21, 2006 for seven days of great diving and fun at Beqa Lagoon Resort.

Looking forward to not having to dive in my drysuit for at least a week. Then of course, I will be back to dive cold again. That is where my heart is....

Has anyone been to Beqa Lagoon before?

Yup. Favorite dive location ever was Beqa Lagoon (and Wannanavu on the other side of Viti Levu). The food is great at the resort and the diving is pretty cool. Check out "Joe's Best" -- it's a pretty good dive.

Thanks. Don't have time to dive Viti Levu since we will be flying out the day we get back there but I am looking forward to the diving in the lagoon.

Hi Rob,

Good choice!

I dove in Beqa ("Ben-ga") lagoon about 5 years ago and enjoyed it. Although the water may be warm, the currents can chill you -- especially if you're doing multiple days of diving. My suggestion: take at least a full 3mm wetsuit, and a hood or beanie even if you don't plan on using it. Light gloves may come in handy for clinging to the anchor lines on safety stops, and an inflatable safety sausage is a must! (If you get swept away, next stop is New Zealand...) Other surface signals -- mirror, whistle, etc -- are good to have too.

I was staying in Pacific Harbor on Veti Levu, not at Marlin Bay or Beqa Lagoon Resort, and taking day trips out to the lagoon. Should be the same diving either way.

You're gonna have fun.

glenn

I've done 12 dives in Beqa lagoon...........Carpet Cove was my favorite dive site, Do the shark dive too, awesome incredible.

The "fire walking" demonstration was mediocre at best.

If you have time, I highly suggest the Upper Navua river gorge jungle tour rafting trip.

http://nacken.com/?p=723

But the food was *so* good at the Beqa Lagoon Resort, you can drink the water (and we have serious problems with the water around the world), and there's unlimited shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom