Heading to BH this weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
heading over for Sat & Sun diving with my old dive buddy, my daughter! Woo Hoo! She hasn't been over to BH in almost 2 years so it should be interesting to see what she thinks of the new "bottom" landscaping.
Hopefully the vis will still be good. I'll take over the video rig and shoot some underwater stuff to share. :D

heading over for Sat & Sun diving with my old dive buddy, my daughter! Woo Hoo! She hasn't been over to BH in almost 2 years so it should be interesting to see what she thinks of the new "bottom" landscaping.
Hopefully the vis will still be good. I'll take over the video rig and shoot some underwater stuff to share. :D

Give a report on the conditions, I have not been in a couple months.

If you are available, keep the Sept RMO South dive date open! :D

Cool! I thought I'd be out with another instructors OW class, but she is going to make it after all.

Sooo, I will be there on Sunday for some fun diving!

back from a weekend at Blue Hole.......... WOW :11: WOW :11: WOW! Saturday morning we hopping in and could not believe the vis!!!!:11: It didn't even look like there was water in the hole. We have been diving at Blue Hole for 8 yrs now and I have NEVER seen vis this good. It seems the mid-week purging is working wonders. The only bad thing about the purge is that by dropping the water level so far down, it seems the lack of water pressure on the walls is causing instability. Scott and I found several new rocks which had come loose and fallen down, one was smashed in to alot of pieces but we know it is new as it had algae only on part of it, the rest was clean. Good thing nobody was there when it came down as this was a big 3'x5' slab about 8" thick.

Anyhow, diving was fabulous. :D Not too many divers and the swimmers/jumpers didn't show up til later each day and not as many as on our last visit in May. Saturday weather was partly cloudy and 90+ degrees! During the night the remnants of Dolly arrived with a bang and boom and torrential rains. The am started with constant rain but by 10am it had cleared and got warm and sunny again. I got in 4 dives with my daughter or buddy Scott (thanks Scott for fixing the compressor for Stella!). Ron was teaching OW and AOW so he got in 7 dives. Scott was doing some tech practicing with all his tanks and such, running lines of the bottom, so sorry to anyone we annoyed. We had a great time!!!

I did take the video rig in for one dive on Saturday and I hope to get some footage of the amazing vis posted. Wow, I still can't get over it!!!!! But I am packing up gear for the Calif trip at the end of the week, so we will see if I have time to edit. :wink:

robin:D

I was there two weeks ago and the viz was the same way.. Blue hole in High Definition.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom