Headed out the door

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It's a training day. OK, I know it's tough but someone has to do it. I'll step forward and take the tourture. :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:
It's a training day. OK, I know it's tough but someone has to do it. I'll step forward and take the tourture. :D

Gary D.

Aren't you just the sweetest for rubbing it in. I mean sharing. :wink: Do tell what kind of training you all conducted today.....that is if you're not too wiped out from all that fun. :D

Gary D.:

Gary D.
Where will you be? I might swing by to make sure everyone's parked legally.

I hope everyone appreciates the sacrifices we make with all this training. Get out of our beloved patrol and detective duties to have to get into 34df water and play, oops, make that being treated like dive slaves.

Well we started out issuing more gear today. Nothing big, but some cool useful goodies. Then off to the lake for a job and some training.

We divide up into three groups. Two consist of a diver, FNG tender and safety. They are going to work on search patterns for both ends of the rope.

I take one of the other guys and we go looking for some tools a friend of mine dropped into the drink. Just a hammer and a 5’ Rail Road Spike Puller, which is 40 pounds of hardened steel.

He drops a line at the spot it went in. No big deal right? Wrong. I spend 15 minutes down in the mud. Like 3’ into the mud and no bar. The water depth is 20’ and I’m in 24’.

Ok enough is enough so I surface and have a seat on the dock to cool down. Yes, cool down. Working in that thick stuff has caused me to get a serious overheat going.

About 15 min and I’m ready to go again. Back down and into the mud. Then something dawns on me. Did it take flight and go somewhere else? Did 5 feet of heat treated steel bar weighing 40 pounds fly away, yea right. Well maybe it did so I widen my search area. I go to the south a little and nothing. So I go a little to the north. There is a log with a scrape on top. Hummmm, could this be a clue?

It sure was. About 10 feet to the north was the bar sitting right on top of the mud. I tie the line off to it and up we go. I had already found the hammer so we’re done.

Great day even if it was training and we were getting paid for it. :D Like I said someone has to do it. The FNG’s learned something and got a little more acquainted with their gear and themselves.

I posted some pics in My Gallery of todays torturing.

Next month is scheduled for a trip to visit the chambers in Spokane then do a night dive. Day two is still open. 041906 & 042006.

Now I have to finish drying and repacking all that gear. Like I said, some body has to do it. :D

One of the pics is of the new tender kits we have put together and issued everyone.

Gary D.

Rick Inman:
Where will you be? I might swing by to make sure everyone's parked legally.
We had everything on private property today. :D :D

Be nice or I'll tell your boss your having evil thoughts. :D

Gary D.

Sounds like fun - ah, I mean, good hard good work.

I don't know where you were, or even if you were in the same puddle, but we had about 4' vis last night. How about you?

The beautiful scenery from last night:

Rick Inman:
Sounds like fun - ah, I mean, good hard good work.

I don't know where you were, or even if you were in the same puddle, but we had about 4' vis last night. How about you?

The beautiful scenery from last night:
About the same and it is going to go away very soon. Looks like we might be in for some flooding soon.

We were at the Beauty Bay Resort. We just drove over to confuse you. :D

I'll see if you can come along next month if you want to.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
I'll see if you can come along next month if you want to.

Gary D.
Love to try it, if you'd put up with a S&R nOOb...

Back
Top Bottom