Headed Down to Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxHockeyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well I'll be leaving in a few hours to head down to Travis for my AOW. I'm hoping all the reports on Travis vis, or lack thereof, are being exagerated but I'm guessing they probably aren't. Anyway just wanted to post so that if any other swamp divers are down there this weekend and they see me they can say hello. I'm told my instructor will be running a Corona and pirate flag off his trailer so if you see a big guy with red hair over there, that will probably be me. Stop by and say hello.

I was there all last weekend. Did 5 dives. Viz was 5 - 10 ft most everywhere. but even if it gets better, that only lets you see the mud and rocks further away! The temp at 80' was showing 64 F, a little chilly for my 3/2 shorty wetsuite, didn't stay down there very long!

HockeyGuy, good luck on your AOW; I'm confident in your confidence. I won't be able to make it out this weekend (still settling in here in Austin, he said grimly.)

After diving CSSP's Polar Bear dive on New Year's Day on your first post-cert dive, Lake Travis will be sorta balmy.

Bill, you missed the octopi-looking tree stumps at 60' last weekend (no, really! kinda squint, and work your imagination, and...). Anyway, at 60' it was 72 deg with bursts of 75 deg.

Are you guys diving at Barstows? Mansfield? or Bob Wentz? Or somewhere else?

There are some cool things to see at Travis you know that make it somewhat entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom