Head strap leash product review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z Gear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Head Strap Leash 1.jpgHead Strap Leash 2.jpgHas anyone tried out the head strap leash from Z gear. I would like to know what the verdict is on this product review. It was made to give head strap mount users peace of mind.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xDrwyanGrto

Last edited:
Yes, I just got back from my first dive with it a little while ago, and it was perfect. I plan to post a thread later. If anybody has questions feel free to ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I haven't used it diving yet as I have been working a lot but I have used it doing random things and it works perfect. I would recommend this to any one with a go pro and a head strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both for your honest product review and participation. I hope others viewing this post will consider using the Z Gear head strap leash, when wearing their Go Pro head mount.

A short length of paracord and a bolt snap does the job quite well.

theskull

I made a chin strap with 1" webbing and some quick connects. Very secure without the same entanglement hazard. Nonetheless, this does look like a viable solution, particularly if diving with a hood where you may not be aware of the headstrap going adrift.

I made my own strap using bungee chord, velcro strap and some plastic boltsnaps. I also tried making a chin strap using ladies elastic hair bands.

Verdict? It's unnecessary.

This is what I do to secure the headband.

1. Put mask on and pull it down to your neck.
2. Put on GoPro head mount.
3. Put mask on, and pull mask strap over GoPro headmount.

It is extremely secure and if you accidentally remove your mask, the GoPro will not fly off (as it did when I used my home made strap).

I giant stride off dive boats with no problems, with my GoPro headband under the mask strap.

Best thing is, you don't have to carry anything extra, or have an additional piece of equipment to don/doff for each dive.

Back
Top Bottom