HD Footage of Mexican Reef Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OnePingOnly

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The following link is to HD footage of the coral reef life off Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Taken with a 7d in an Aquatica housing with 3 Sola 1200's (when I remembered to turn them on) and I added a couple of archive clips from a Sony Z1/Light and Motion combination.

Hope you enjoy,

Life on the Coral Reef - YouTube

p.s. at the end you can see my daughter holding a GoPro Hero2 with Backscatter housing. I'll post footage from that next.

Beautiful. Thanks for posting. Thinking about getting a housing for my 6D; I use a dedicated video camera (old now), but the SLRs are looking impressive.
Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Beautiful. Thanks for posting. Thinking about getting a housing for my 6D; I use a dedicated video camera (old now), but the SLRs are looking impressive.
Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Thanks billwil. I really enjoy diving the 7D/Aquatica combo. There are times when I still prefer the form factor and functionality of the older Z1/L&M - not when travelling, tho.

Wonderful footage! The RM is one of my favorite places to go especially during the summer months when the
rates are so cheap and you can book just a few weeks out.

Where did you stay?

Very nicely done! Some of that reef looks like it's in much better shape than the reef we dove off Akumal.

Thanks very much for the comments! BeckyTV we stayed at the Barcelo Maya Palace near Playa Del Carmen as we have for the past 4 vacations in Mexico now. Very nice resort with Dressel Divers on-site. Very pleased with both the resort and dive operator.

Very nice video and technique. You can tell you know what your doing. Thank you for posting.

Back
Top Bottom