Hawaii honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20vturbo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok so my fiancé both dive, we are looking to stay for 15 nights and tour three islands… Maui, Kauai, and the big island. Right now the plan is 5 nights each but just recently someone suggested maybe breaking it up to maybe spend more time on one island and less on another. Do you guys have any suggestions on what island would need more time? thanks in advance!

oops I think this is in the wrong forum...if someone can move it that would be awesome.

Maui---Lahaina is so fun, IMO. I would not stay at a resort...I'd stay downtown there and rent bikes for the week. Lots of great food, beaches, shops, galleries.
not Kauai...unless you are a hiker, most people I know get a little antsy after three days over there. I hear its beautiful but I have not gone...I want to hike the Pali Coast though.

The Big Island is a bit too spread out for me...you end up driving a lot. I like Kona okay...seems a tad less sophisticated, which might be a good thing. My favorite place to go over there is Waimaea, about 1500 ft, cool crisp, sunny...some great horse rides!
An upscale cowboy town.

Everybody will have a different opinion. maybe you should tell us what you all like to do? because Hawaii has a lot to offer!

Music
Food
Surf
Cycling
Hiking
Diving
Sailing

The list goes on and on.

Congratulations!

thanks! We like surfing (well not sure, haven't done it yet), hiking, scuba, she loves shopping. My family was from Hawaii so I am very interested in the culture too. Thanks for the advice so far, I look forward to anymore that you guys have! :)

Don't skip the big island! We love the diving there. the surf can get quite good as well, depending on the time of year and where you are on the island.
for diving, Kona is the place here. The vis is consistantly outstanding and the diving is pretty easy. Most spots can be reached by shore, although we prefer a boat.
The night manta ray dive was one of the best dives we have done anywhere in the world. they do it once a week ...not to be missed!

Congratulations!

thanks! :) we just booked everything, so I will have a post later asking specifics!

Back
Top Bottom