Hawaii Diving in Jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

splitkey01

Contributor
Reaction score
Will be on the Big Island for a week for work, looking for some diving in afternoons and nights might have a day on the weekend to dive also. Interested in beach or boat dives, any any kind of wreck diving possible. Any information is greatly appreciated.

The Big Island isn't known for it's wreck diving. There are only two commonly-dove wrecks here,
the Naked Lady and the Predator. Both are in Kailua Bay, and are deep dives (by recreational
standards). There are also the remains of a Cessna in approximately 120 FSW near the Kona
airport.

You haven't mentioned where on the Big Island you'll be staying; there are quite a few different
dive operators to choose from on the Kona side. As for shore diving, here is one reference for
local shore diving.

I met a gal who captains for Atlantis last weekend who said there were rumors floating around that Captain Bean's drug it's mooring block across the Naked Lady/Predator sites in that storm the other week and may have damaged them, but they hadn't had the sub on the sites yet to check it out at the time. One of my crew is a friend of her's so hopefully we'll hear a report as to whether the rumors are/aren't true. Those sites aren't dove much these days, especially since the cruise ships are tieing up the area so often anymore, hopefully they're still in good shape.

I hope those two wrecks aren't damaged! I've been diving them for years. They are tiny wrecks but fun. They really aren't that deep...Naked Lady about 110 and Predator about 75-80. I'll be waiting to hear an update on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom