Have you dove the Andrea Doria?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but thats a looooooooong way to the future!:)

Kayla:)

O-ring once bubbled...
Not sure when, but it will happen.

Wait for me I am coming too.

Chad

I'm a couple years away, but, I really, really want to dive her at some point.

In a couple years the question on a board like this might be: have you dove the Portland.....400' down off Stellwagon, along with a couple other ships of great historic significance. The word is that NOAA doesn't want another Monitor situation (divers suing to dive a wreck in a sancuary)so they are going to open the wreck up for permit diving at some point. In which case this wreck along with some of the other Stellwagon wrecks, could really become a mecca for the world best tech divers.

I forgot about her...I would love to dive the Monitor. I know a couple people who have been on her and that would be a really interesting piece of history to see up close.

The Empress of Ireland is right up there too...

I had plans to do the Doria this summer, but they fell through, so we are spending a week in Hatteras instead.

chickdiver once bubbled...
I had plans to do the Doria this summer, but they fell through, so we are spending a week in Hatteras instead.
Hatteras is great diving.. I am heading down there on the 19th and again on the 25th..

Cape Hatteras is where the Monitor is. Quebec is where the Empress of Ireland is. I have plans to visit the Empress in August. With a couple of buddies who have dove it a bunch of time's. Oring shoot me an email when your coming up to do the San Diego if you want. Ive been on her a few times. She's protected now. Its kind of funny that they protect it because its pretty much stripped.

Yeah- it should be a good trip (Hatteras, that is). We have a bunch of dives planned, and I get to go visit my pal in Va Beach too!

O-ring,

I dove the San Diego a bunch of times, A very fun dive. Penetration can be done. It is falling apart, I wouldn't want to be by the boilers when they fall... If you go, you can find the barge that Ed Betts used to raise one of the Props and in the process sank the barge. There was line running from the SD to the Barge. A great lobster stop.

You would also like the Oregon, a little bit deeper and a great digging wreck. Good bugs on that one to. PM me and I can recommend a few boats.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom