Have questions-leaving this Sat. 5/15!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderH2OGirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We leave for PR this Saturday (never been)! We have been diving in lots of other Caribbean locations and are excited to have a chance to see a few of the dive sites on the wall and also Desecheo Island. We are staying near Guanica and are willing to do a little driving to get to a dive shop. We have read about West Divers (seems the people running that shop aren't there anymore from what we see online)? Does anyone have any experience with West Divers new management / dive op since the change? Tried contacting Island Scuba in Guanica and looks like the website is down. Island Scuba seems like they would be closest to us. Anyone have experience with them?

Any thoughts / feedback to point us towards a shop for 3-4 days of diving the wall on the south side of the island. It seems like Taino is the place to go in Rincon to get to Desecheo... am i correct on that assumption? We are planning on heading up there a day or two also for diving.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Kristi

Have fun in PR! I was there last month and dove with Taino Diverse. As far as I know they are the only ones that take divers to Desecheo. They were great and I would recommend them highly. During my stay the conditions weren't favorable to make it to Desecheo, I hope you have better luck!
I only dove with Taino so I can't comment on the other dive ops...

underh2ogirl,
welcome to this board.
last agu. i dove in pr.
i was aboard the liveaboard s/v juliet.
we dove desecheo and mona island.
one of the dm's,emily, was filling in, she is full time at taino divers.
she really knows her fish.
she helped a lot in providing for a wonderful week of diving.
see if you can dive with her on your upcoming trip.
tell her smokey says ''hey''
you will enjoy the diving pr has to offer.
regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom